WHICH ONE

I am thinking of making a soldier or widow, just looking to hear the perks of both and what the strong points are for each.  Thanks in advance.

I feel like I will be soloing quite a bit through leveling and not super funded at the moment.

I personally am a bit biased. I've only played a soldier, and my crab is my main. I love my crab.

Crab has a few really good things: their leadership toggles are technically better than a widow (at least the defense one). Widows get link mind to make up for this, but this can't be made permanent without work.

Widows have stalker level single target damage, but are very end heavy (from what I've heard). Soldiers are a little more sturdy, and have much better aoe.

Soldiers get pets, if that appeals at all. While widows get better stealth than banes get (at least as widow players have claimed to me).

Overall both are worthwhile and a lot of fun. Fortunata's are a little undertuned from what I've heard, same with Banes for soldiers. Widows best builds and powers are all melee. Soldiers can choose between ranged and melee (or mix and match) with very little dps loss.

Bubbles232,

I have not played a widow or tried a soldier-->bane path character, so I cannot comment on the melee side.

The huntsman was an enjoyable eye-opener for me in the original game. I had been planning to try a soldier-->crab build at first, and just could not deal with the graphics involved with the crab backpack after the mandatory respec at 24. The powers of the crab side post-24 were not that different from the huntsman pre-24, but I feel I went from a gun-toting bad*** to something I could not stand the sight of.

So, I started over and stayed a huntsman. I ended up finding and using Aisynia's guide (well out of date but it has a good description of powers and usage

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/index.php/topic,1311.0.html and special props for explaining why the huntsman has style points in spades.)

Redlynne has a lot of good and up to date info in https://forums.homecomingservers.com/index.php/topic,1378.0.html including builds.

For me, the huntsman always seems to have a tool for every situation. The web/venom/frag grenades and heavy burst whittle down clusters of mobs, and you have enough single target damage output to deal with the leftovers. The toggles in your secondary and the leadership pools will help you out, and if you group will help the whole team. Others have described the huntsman as a force multiplier, and that really is the case. I'm looking forward to getting a couple of pets in the late 30's.

You are forced to play smart as you don't have the defenses to tank, but you do not have any glaring weaknesses, either. However, that is a lot of the fun. It is nice to force yourself out of the box a bit.

I would recommend taking a few gadgets from the P2W merchant at start-up. A couple of the prestige enhancements with extra damage and recharge reduction can make your first two attacks a lot more viable. The throwing knives fit the style of a soldier, too. Add in ninja run and you have a low level travel power. Lastly, try to get some knockback/knockdown protection early on even if you need to spend a few merit points, and you will be in business.   

• 3 weeks later

Can anyone tell me the real differences? Never made either and want to try one but leveling one to 24 to possibly find out I hate it would suck lol. They seem kind of boring at first, I'm sure that changes but no real power options until 24.

Ultimately, they're quite different. Up to level 24 widows are basically scrappers with bonuses for the whole team.

Past level 24, night widows are stalkers with huge defence buffs and team support and fortunatas are a blaster/controller/stalker hybrid with lots of defense.

The guys and gals above have covered soldiers fairly well.

Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern King Solar Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Peacebringer Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas