Glorious Radiation Emission anchors!

Meph

So I'm someone who played on release, and I've recreated my Rad/Elec that was a strong, but laborious, build back in the day, and I am blown away by the simple quality of life change that makes Rad/ such a joy to play again. I was confused by it at first, wondering why when I arrived at a new pack in DFB were my debuffs just starting to cooldown, but once I realized that anchored debuffs persist on corpses I was blown away.

I realize I have played the game in more than a decade, but when was this QoL change implemented? Was it realized relatively early on when the game was alive, or was this something added in only recently?

What I find amusing is that this change encourages a "Kill the Anchor" playstyle. You pick a minion in the middle of the pack, anchor it and then gun it down to ensure your anchor doesn't move during the battle.

What I find amusing is that this change encourages a "Kill the Anchor" playstyle. You pick a minion in the middle of the pack, anchor it and then gun it down to ensure your anchor doesn't move during the battle.

And this suits my villainous nature perfectly :)

@Force Redux on Everlasting

----- (read my guide) -----

Gather the Shadows: A Dark Miasma Primer for Masterminds

Huh. See as long as the anchor isn't charging completely out of the fight, I'd generally rather the anchor still be alive to move. If it's not for the aforementioned reason, it's probably because that mob is moving to herd onto the tank with the rest of the mobs.

But rad debuffs make everything melt so fast it doesn't matter too much.

I actually dislike it :/   

You can't reposition dead anchors, you have to keep a mental count of the time they died so they don't despawn on you at a bad moment, you have to manually toggle them off and on again between fights most of the time, you have to keep track of the anchor's position AND health in case it decides to die in a corner alone, and typically if the anchor is dropping quickly then, as long as you're putting it on the toughest enemy in the group, then the rest is usually gonna follow in short order anyway.  If you don't want the anchor to move, slows and immobilizes are usually good enough.

There's also the edge case of someone killing it with knock back and the anchored corpse flying into an unaggroed mob, drawing their ire.  I mean, if knockback is that bad it's a big risk with a living anchor too, but it's still a small thing worth mentioning.

I wish we had the option to switch between both old and new anchor mechanics so I could go back to how it was without ruining it for everyone who likes the new change.

....you have to manually toggle them off and on again between fights most of the time....

I fall victim to this very often as well. Especially on faster moving teams or when I switch from a non-anchor defender to an anchor defender.

I think the end result is a gain, but the option to turn it on and off would also be nice, if possible.