Former Elec/Nrg blaster main, is there a reason to go back to it?

Rejolt

My main on live was an Electric/Energy Manip/Electric blaster that was my first character and became my badger. Once you've been 1000s of hours into a character and you're know for playing it it's hard to change it! Now that we've restarted I made a super strength/electric armor/Mu patron brute so I could be more durable while it did aoe damage and drained mobs (and don't hate on me, but the brute plays more like the Champions Online main I had while CoH was closed). Its nice not having to think 5 times faster than the meleers or be dead.

Is there a reason to go back to Electric/Energy blasting on Homecoming? Does anyone else here play the combo? I know it got Energize and a crashless nuke (like all T9 blast nukes), and if there's a sniper change it would greatly help but should I make it again?

My first two blasters have been fire/tactical (wow is that a great all-range character) and dual pistols/ninjitsu (about fainted when I finally could make a pistols/sword character and yes I know Sentinels can do it too).

Thanks for D-Sync Enhancements! Just wish things like Resist/End, Heal/End and Damage/Mez had a third stat that made them more viable. Suggestions - add Recharge to Ribosomes, Range to Golgis, and Slows to Peroxisomes. These changes would allow for an endurance cost/range, recharge/endurance, and slow/mez or slow/damage enhancements.

Pros:

[*] New snipe mechanic will now improved ranged single-target damage quite a bit.

[*] The sustain power in Energy is perhaps the best of all.

[*] Easier than ever to soft-cap defense(s).

Cons:

[*] Tesla Cage and Stun still not updated to new meta where blasters no longer have to sacrifice loads of damage for single-target control (only Ice and Dark favored so far).

[*] More interesting and viable new Blaster combinations. 

Yeah... I was going to make a Martial manip blaster on live but the game closed.  I tried it in beta. When you see /plant, /nin, /TA and others you lose your mind on the new stuff and forget you kinda stop playing your main for long stretches in CoH lol.

Thanks for D-Sync Enhancements! Just wish things like Resist/End, Heal/End and Damage/Mez had a third stat that made them more viable. Suggestions - add Recharge to Ribosomes, Range to Golgis, and Slows to Peroxisomes. These changes would allow for an endurance cost/range, recharge/endurance, and slow/mez or slow/damage enhancements.

Pretty much every build I was going to reroll if CoH came back I have and I don't think any of them are living up to the hype I had in my head about them even if I did really enjoy them before. Some even got to 50 on live. Currently favoring Water/ice way more than I thought possible. Even, "Wait, they gave blasters Dark/dark?" is kind of sitting and waiting.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

My very first toon I leveled up back in the day was an Elec/Eng blaster... always will have a soft spot in my heart but when Homecoming came around and I tried the combo again... it felt kinda meh... ended up switching it to a beam rifle/elec for something that at least fit the theme but wasn't something I had played before... I am liking it much better than trying to level with Elec/Eng

Pretty much every build I was going to reroll if CoH came back I have and I don't think any of them are living up to the hype I had in my head about them even if I did really enjoy them before. Some even got to 50 on live. Currently favoring Water/ice way more than I thought possible. Even, "Wait, they gave blasters Dark/dark?" is kind of sitting and waiting.

Seeing this a lot too. I'm playing different combinations of sets I liked before.

My Live main stable of regularly-played level 50 characters:

Elec/nrg/ele blaster (first hero)

Elec/elec/elec dom (My praetorian)

Fire/fire/fire dom (enjoyed this before and after dom improvements)

Elec/elec/mu brute (my villain)

fire/kin/fire controller (Farmer blue side)

dark/fire/mu brute (Farmer red side)

shield/SS/earth tank (Team-oriented tank)

elec/kin/elec corruptor (team-oriented support)

Emp/elec/leadership defender (all-in Empathy with some ability to sap endurance)

My Homecoming stable of characters:

SS/Elec/Mu Brute (main and somewhat of my farmer)

Elec/Kin/Medicine pool Corruptor (teamplayer)

Dual Pistols/Ninjitsu blaster (seriously, been waiting for this combo forever, Shadowrun theme)

Elec/Time/Primal Controller (kinda glad it's easy to level stuff, this is strong but slower than I like to play)

In progress characters on HC: savage/bio, Fire/TA blaster, remade all-fire dom which I'm wavering on with all the proliferated sets.

I mean come on... they have Traps on controllers lol. I'm debating Plant/Traps or Dark/Traps (huntsman-like with the big dog)

I think we're all making things using past experiences and trying to make new experiences using them. Eventually we'll settle into some new stuff with maybe a remade original when it's all said and done.