DFB Channel (A request to help spread the word)

Solarverse

So since DFB spread like wildfire among our population, the LFG channel has been bombarded with players requesting DFB teams. Sometimes when I or others are attempting to put together ITF, or Posi, or even Frostfire, the request to build a team is buried in a matter of seconds due to the over abundance of DFB teams.

I felt that with the popularity of DFB, it might be time for DFB to get a channel just for itself.

The only two draw backs from this that I can see, is that any created channel gives away your global name. This may make some players a bit uncomfortable. However, to this I say this, Global names are not private. Anyone can gain full access to your Global name.

Second concern is that nobody will know what character you are on unless you specify. However, with the left click on the name system, there is no need to advertise your character name. You simply left click the Global name, send Tell, all is well.

This will take a small amount of work if we all make a small amount of effort to spread the word. If everyone tells 5 players, the whole server will be fully aware by the end of the weekend!

I truly appreciate any help I can get on this, folks! Thank you!

So since DFB spread like wildfire among our population, the LFG channel has been bombarded with players requesting DFB teams. Sometimes when I or others are attempting to put together ITF, or Posi, or even Frostfire, the request to build a team is buried in a matter of seconds due to the over abundance of DFB teams.

I felt that with the popularity of DFB, it might be time for DFB to get a channel just for itself.

The only two draw backs from this that I can see, is that any created channel gives away your global name. This may make some players a bit uncomfortable. However, to this I say this, Global names are not private. Anyone can gain full access to your Global name.

Second concern is that nobody will know what character you are on unless you specify. However, with the left click on the name system, there is no need to advertise your character name. You simply left click the Global name, send Tell, all is well.

This will take a small amount of work if we all make a small amount of effort to spread the word. If everyone tells 5 players, the whole server will be fully aware by the end of the weekend!

I don't play on Excelsior, but i was convinced this was an issue there.  But then i did some counting  and the data doesn't that t is actually as bad as it feels.

However, should you still puruse this you will want to create a SERVER channel, not a GLOBAL channel.

1,) A global channel would be cross shard, so every post would have to include not only your haracter name, but the server as well.  That’s a lot of extra DFB players that won't motivate them to switch

2.).A server channel solves all of these problems, it's shard specific and only displays ,the character name

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

I don't play on Excelsior, but i was convinced this was an issue there.  But then i did some counting  and the data doesn't that t is actually as bad as it feels.

However, should you still puruse this you will want to create a SERVER channel, not a GLOBAL channel.

1,) A global channel would be cross shard, so every post would have to include not only your haracter name, but the server as well.  That’s a lot of extra DFB players that won't motivate them to switch

2.).A server channel solves all of these problems, it's shard specific and only displays ,the character name

I didn't think we had the ability to create server channels? This is good info...and doesn't help me get this off the ground since now anyone who has joined needs to switch. I'll look in to seeing what I need to do to get a Server channel going.

P.S. Not a problem, just a QoL channel to help lesson the chatter all loaded on a single channel.

I think the biggest problem is that very few people are actually going to join the channel. Only a fraction of the people read the forums, and only a fraction of those join custom channels.

Excelsior - Grey Scale 50+ Emp/Dark Def - Thermal Meltdown 50+ Rad/Fire Brute - Old Growth 50+ Plant Troll - Enrico Fermi 50+ Rad Blaster

I think the biggest problem is that very few people are actually going to join the channel. Only a fraction of the people read the forums, and only a fraction of those join custom channels.

You are most likely correct. I am a bit old school though when we had the TF channel and the GM channels and Hammi Raid channels. They helped and people used them. I have to try though. If I dont at least try then I will never know if it will have worked and caught on or not. Better try and fail than not try and never know.