BABY Fire / Spines hell & Duo Partner

natewest1987

Hi friends.  I’m newish to the game and trying to get a handle on things.  I’ve made a spines / fire brute as my first toon I’ll try to get to 50, so that way I can focus on other toons.  Since I’m pretty low on the budget scale, I’m having a difficult time doing missions with any + added to them in ae.  I think the max I pulled off was 3/8.  I have max Fire resist, but my defense is utter crap and my damage is snooze.  I’m at lvl 32.

I keep seeing “Fire defense” mentioned.  Anyone know how I approach that?  I’m also curious if there are any partners I could seek out that would synergies well with my character and allow us to farm bigger missions together ?  What are your thoughts on best powerset to complement spines / Fire ??  I lack taunt so they have to be able to get in and get out without getting killed lol.

Outside of fire farms, fire armor is pretty squishie while leveling up. In fire farms you defense mostly comes from inspirations. Once you get to 50 and can get some set bonuses for fire defense you can use fewer lucks. A duo in a fire farm would likely be another /Fire as most everything else dies quickly without capped fire resists.

Did you mean specifically another /fire brute? or is there another combo that would work?  My original idea was a character that could buff the hell out of the my spines/fire brute to kind of make up for the fact that ive got such shitty enhancements lol

The hard part for anyone else on the team would be staying alive.  If they are leveling as well, they are probably not going to survive long if they grab aggro.  And on fire farm maps with stuff wandering everywhere they are going to grab aggro eventually even if they are careful unless they are just guarding the door (even that is not always safe).  They could do something crazy like Ill/Dark controller I suppose and stay invisible for the most part while throwing out a big tar patch once you have everything in a big group.  I know you can attack while using superior invis but not sure how well it keeps aggro off of you once you start attacking.

Hi friends.  I’m newish to the game and trying to get a handle on things.  I’ve made a spines / fire brute as my first toon I’ll try to get to 50, so that way I can focus on other toons.  Since I’m pretty low on the budget scale, I’m having a difficult time doing missions with any + added to them in ae.  I think the max I pulled off was 3/8.  I have max Fire resist, but my defense is utter crap and my damage is snooze.  I’m at lvl 32.

I keep seeing “Fire defense” mentioned.  Anyone know how I approach that?  I’m also curious if there are any partners I could seek out that would synergies well with my character and allow us to farm bigger missions together ?  What are your thoughts on best powerset to complement spines / Fire ??  I lack taunt so they have to be able to get in and get out without getting killed lol.

Team up with an Cold defender/corrupteror Force Field Mastermind/Defender and you'll be fine. So that would be a fine partner.

Due to recent budget cuts and the cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions and the continued decline of the economy, The Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

http://cohbuilds.aforumfree.com/