Original XP Rates

Zep

Been so long I cant tell.

I know at first there was a lot of bonus XP -- is that still going on? Is it possible to play at original XP rates if we are not already?

Thanks,

-Zep

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

Presently, XP rates are defaulted to what they were back at the end of the game's original run.  You can obtain free temp powers that essentially convert influence earned into extra XP, however, (125% XP, 75% Inf; 150% XP, 50% Inf; and 200% XP, 0% Inf) if you want to level faster, and many players do, but it's fully up to you, and if you'd prefer sticking to the original path, then you can just not take those temp powers.

I am happy with default. Best for me rate. I like doing stories and the like.

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

Presently, XP rates are defaulted to what they were back at the end of the game's original run.  You can obtain free temp powers that essentially convert influence earned into extra XP, however, (125% XP, 75% Inf; 150% XP, 50% Inf; and 200% XP, 0% Inf) if you want to level faster, and many players do, but it's fully up to you, and if you'd prefer sticking to the original path, then you can just not take those temp powers.

Do we know what the change in XP rate as between Launch and Sunset was?

Great Justice - Invuln/Energy Melee Tank

Ann Atomic - Radiation/Super Strength Tank

Elecutrix - Electric Blast/Super Reflexes Sentinel

Ramayael - Titan Weapons/Bio Scrapper

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute

It was a much slower grind back then...Personally I miss it...but i wouldn't ask for it be changed. 

I do wish they would develop XP Reducers that could be bought at the P2W.

50% XP reduction, 50% Increase in Inf.  Not so worried about the inf part (but it seems comporable to what the XP boosters do)

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

It was a much slower grind back then...Personally I miss it...but i wouldn't ask for it be changed. 

50% XP reduction, 50% Increase in Inf.  Not so worried about the inf part (but it seems comporable to what the XP boosters do)

I personally wouldn't use it, but I would love for this to be an option for everyone.

I suspect it's not a matter of changing xp values in and of themselves than it is changing attack, defense and damage values throughout each issue update, so it IS a change in the rate of gain.  That makes it hard to quantify because the RATE of xp gain is buried in a lot of other under-the-hood changes that aren't even going to be the same for all AT's at each level against all enemies.  I think it's adequate to simply say that it's faster xp gain at sunset/now than it was when the game first went live even without xp boosters.

I suspect it's not a matter of changing xp values in and of themselves than it is changing attack, defense and damage values throughout each issue update, so it IS a change in the rate of gain.  That makes it hard to quantify because the RATE of xp gain is buried in a lot of other under-the-hood changes that aren't even going to be the same for all AT's at each level against all enemies.  I think it's adequate to simply say that it's faster xp gain at sunset/now than it was when the game first went live even without xp boosters.

There were actually XP curve changes, pretty drastic ones in fact. I think it was a combination of how much XP was awarded and how much was needed to level.

I personally wouldn't use it, but I would love for this to be an option for everyone.

Same! Not something I would use often, but it should definitely be there.

Always happy to answer questions in game, typically hanging around Help.
Global is @Zolgar, and tends to be tagged in Help.

I like the idea of the 50% xp reduction for people who perhaps want to play through a whole bunch of content in a given level range while at that current level (since they could conceivably always go back and do it via Ouroboros).  However, I doubt they would grant the inf bonus.  I think it would be way too easy to abuse with the market.  Players could get obscenely rich and artificially inflate the market for their own gain.  Other than that though, I'm a big fan of playing the content as you are presented with it.

I like the idea of the 50% xp reduction for people who perhaps want to play through a whole bunch of content in a given level range while at that current level (since they could conceivably always go back and do it via Ouroboros).  However, I doubt they would grant the inf bonus.  I think it would be way too easy to abuse with the market.  Players could get obscenely rich and artificially inflate the market for their own gain.  Other than that though, I'm a big fan of playing the content as you are presented with it.

The only way to get INSANELY rich is to play the market...there's not enough in game inf, even at 150%, that compares to the 200% XP once you get level 50 and turn off XP...

In my mind, these reducers would work exactly like the boosters...Good for 1 hour in game, up to 8.  So you can use when you want to slow down a little and then stop when you want to speed up.

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

I remember a few posts on the original forums, back when the level cap was still 40 and the game was new. In one post, a player was estimating that in the mid 30's he needed to defeat the equivalent of 3000 even level minions to level. I don't remember if that was really the case though my first defender took over 500 hours to solo to 50. Another post I remember was from some users on Triumph who were among the first to reach the level cap. They all knew who was 'near' because there were so few of them at that time.

I remember a few posts on the original forums, back when the level cap was still 40 and the game was new. In one post, a player was estimating that in the mid 30's he needed to defeat the equivalent of 3000 even level minions to level. I don't remember if that was really the case though my first defender took over 500 hours to solo to 50. Another post I remember was from some users on Triumph who were among the first to reach the level cap. They all knew who was 'near' because there were so few of them at that time.

I was racing a few other scrappers on Pinn.  The Fire Tanks beat us, but it was a close run thing.  (Of the Scrappers, I think I was third).

3000 Even-Con Minions sounds.. about right for the era?  Though its also a valid point that nothing that existed at the time the first of us were coming up had anything like the kind of 'Are you JOKING' power that we now take for granted as expected on a lvl 50.

Great Justice - Invuln/Energy Melee Tank

Ann Atomic - Radiation/Super Strength Tank

Elecutrix - Electric Blast/Super Reflexes Sentinel

Ramayael - Titan Weapons/Bio Scrapper

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute