Electric/??

Reikland

I found el/rad a great pairing.  Even before finishing my build it is very strong.  I called it Nuclear Powerpland and little did I know when I made it I would live up to the name so well.  It produces end for the team amazingly between it's ability to siphon end from enemies and give it to allies in the area and accelerate metabolism.  there are times when my toggle hold will hold something in time for the end it gets to tick so it doesn't do anything and then when it can move again the end is gone again so it spends a lot of time not doing stuff.  between that, the t9 /rad hold and the el/ target area hold you have a TON of control.  There there is your sleep that is a psudopet that pulses the sleep many times.  and your confuse while seeming to be single target jumps from one to another so it is infact an area power in a sense.  Oh yeah the -to hit -def toggle and then the -resist -damage toggle.  These 2 make your all squishy teams a bit turdier and the effect on AV's is invaluable.  Then you get your regen debuff.  It slows also but that regen debuff is the difference between a 2 minute fight and a 10 minute fight.

Been wanting to try out Electric Control but not really sure what would pair well with it looking for suggestions any and all help appreciated :>

/Storm.  Storm doesn't bring much personal defense for the Controller, but Electric is very strong in shutting mobs down (mostly due to End drain), and at later levels, Lightning Storm adds to that. But the main thing is that /Storm is endurance-hungry, and Electric is the only primary that will help its endurance management.

I have an EL/Dark that I played a lot, at 50 now with T3 incarnates. I like the character a lot, but my issue with it is that it's not the best soloing build due to lack of damage. That may not be what you want it for so it may fit, so /Dark may be right up your alley with it's debuffs/buffs/heal/pet.

I ended up just a few days ago rolling a Plant/Dark that I will replace my Elec/ with.

I have a 46 Elec/time controller. The amount of CC I have is insane. Elec/time gives you a little but of everything. I cant solo very well ( havent figured out the slotting g for it) but put me in a group and watch me hit 2 buttons and basically not have to do anything else for the fight. I keep the AoE elec hold power on standby just in case something crazy happens like pulling and extra group.

Elec/kin is the correct answer. Having one more way to drain end and an AoE sleep for alpha strike is a godsend.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

/Storm is a great option if you are willing to spend some money for a kb to kd proc in Tornado and possibly Lightning Storm. Electric Control is low damage, a niche that Storm fills nicely.

Most other secondaries are okay if you're okay with a very low damage character. Forewarning: some teams may not be, and for a few specific tasks that require high DPS (like the Summer Blockbuster event) you could end up being a drag on the team. But play what you enjoy.

• 2 weeks later

Power Boost makes Elec/ very happy! Controllers get a really high bonus (I think 120%?) from power boost compared to some other AT's versions of it. The only downside being that it comes very late in the life of an Elec/ controller (in the Primal Forces Mastery). 

Another thing to keep in mind is that you'll probably want to be close to enemies if you want to benefit from Conductive Aura, so picking a set that complements this is not a bad idea.

With this in mind, I like to pick a secondary that also benefits a lot from Power Boost, along with synergizing with Conductive Aura. Great contenders:

/Time: A Power Boosted Foresight is awesome! Also a great boost to healing. Has an aura of its own, also encouraging you to get closer. There's a lot to like about this set.

/Kin: For obvious reasons (healing, powerful endurance drain, etc.). 

/Dark: Really not a bad choice  (lots of -To-hit, great heal, a PBAoE Defense buff and a PBAoE Regen/Recovery buff... all greatly benefit from power boost! You can color your lightning dark and have a nice theme going)

/Nature: Entangling Aura also encourages you to be close to enemies. That and you have several PBAoEs (which also benefit from power boost)! Power boost makes Lifegiving Spores even sexier, which is nice. Also the fact that you can heal yourself makes the option of getting in close less dangerous.

/Ice: There's actually a lot to like here! Power boost significantly boosts the effectiveness of the ice/glacial shield, and helps out Frostwork. You also have some good -Endurance in this set, and a Power Boosted Heat Loss makes your whole team happy. And of course Sleet's just the bee's knees.

I wanted to love /Poison when mixed with an Elec primary (whether it be a Controller or otherwise), but I just never liked how it felt in practice.

However, it does have a great -Recovery/Hold, potent debuffs, and an aura that also encourages you to be up close. So it's got plenty of synergies.

Edited by Vadavim

3 hours ago, Vadavim said:

Power boost significantly boosts the effectiveness of the ice/glacial shield

Are you sure? I thought the Cold Domination shields didn't get any benefits from Power Boost because they also carry a resistance component and allowing buffing of one would also apply that buff to the other. I have seen both claims and haven't had a chance to test myself yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Scrapulous said:

Are you sure? I thought the Cold Domination shields didn't get any benefits from Power Boost because they also carry a resistance component and allowing buffing of one would also apply that buff to the other. I have seen both claims and haven't had a chance to test myself yet.

Oh that's right, I remember hearing that as well! I'd have to double check on the test server when I get the chance, but best to err on the side of caution and assume it can't work with Cold Domination.

I’ve got an Elec/Kin that I’m extremely fond of. It isn’t a very good solo character due to its lack of damage, but in exchange it is EXTREMELY STRONG in teams due to its multiple AoE control skills, ally buffs, and sapping.