Tankability

Sechill71511

Well sure, Rebirth Destiny and Melee Hybrid have "massive regen". That's not anything to do with whether Invuln is the tankiest though. Anyone can take those. And you are also pretty far away from the advertised "45+% def to all" (although to be fair, with 8+ foes in melee range, you'll get 45+% def to most things, though still not all).

Being that almost all damage types have two tags, it is roughly 45 to all of one or another damage types, which would apply in all situations. With 1 foe in range. With 3, overcap. With 8, over 50.

Not every attack is tagged Smashing or Lethal though. Lots of things are, but not everything. With one foe in range, you have 41.95% Defense to Smashing and Lethal according to the build you linked. Which is good, but not quite the 45% you said earlier. And S/L are your highest. E/N/F/C Defense are all in the 30s. And Psionic Defense is 18%.

Like I said, a long way from "45% Defense to all".

You're not using all the sliders. Edit: my bad 42. And 45 with 3. And 50 with 6. You got me, a whopping 3%, my bad

You still seem to be under the impression that S/L are synonymous with "all".

Homeskillet, you get the point. The def is part of the whole kit, s/l is over 45, ene is high 30's... Etc. Positional are high, resist is maxed out. Almost all attacks are dual tagged, and many have hybrid damage, such as ene/sl. The point of trying to be tangentially correct, and positionally wrong, is remiss.

Er, what? Your S/L is under 45. 42 is less than 45. Not sure what you think you are proving. "Ene is high 30s". Last I checked, that also is less than 45. And for attacks that are tagged both Smashing and Energy, the game uses only the highest of the two. It does not add your Smashing and Energy Defense together. (Actually... is that why you think you have 45% def to all?)

You can dance around all you like, but in the end, you got caught in a lie. You said you had "45% Defense to all". You don't. With one foe in range, you don't have 45% to anything, let alone everything. You do have 42% Defense to many things, but like I said above (and I guess you missed it), not all attacks are tagged Smashing or Lethal. (If this was an honest mistake, then say it was a mistake. Continuing to stand by the "45% def to all" nonsense when anyone can click on your build and see it isn't true makes no sense.)

And even with 10 foes in melee range, you still don't quite have 45% defense to all. Your defense against Ranged Psionic attacks will only ever be around 18% no matter how many foes are around you. (And, I guess I have to point out that 18% is also less than 45%.)

"Positional are high". Really? 16% is high?

Sigh. Amusing as it is, the meandering fabrication you're enamoured of is less than enthralling […]

The only "fabrication" is the part where you said you had "45% def to all". But, thanks for admitting that that was a fabrication. That's all I wanted.

Well sure, Rebirth Destiny and Melee Hybrid have "massive regen". That's not anything to do with whether Invuln is the tankiest though. Anyone can take those. And you are also pretty far away from the advertised "45+% def to all" (although to be fair, with 8+ foes in melee range, you'll get 45+% def to most things, though still not all).

Being that almost all damage types have two tags, it is roughly 45 to all of one or another damage types, which would apply in all situations. With 1 foe in range. With 3, overcap. With 8, over 50.

Not every attack is tagged Smashing or Lethal though. Lots of things are, but not everything. With one foe in range, you have 41.95% Defense to Smashing and Lethal according to the build you linked. Which is good, but not quite the 45% you said earlier. And S/L are your highest. E/N/F/C Defense are all in the 30s. And Psionic Defense is 18%.

Like I said, a long way from "45% Defense to all".

You're not using all the sliders. Edit: my bad 42. And 45 with 3. And 50 with 6. You got me, a whopping 3%, my bad

You still seem to be under the impression that S/L are synonymous with "all".

Homeskillet, you get the point. The def is part of the whole kit, s/l is over 45, ene is high 30's... Etc. Positional are high, resist is maxed out. Almost all attacks are dual tagged, and many have hybrid damage, such as ene/sl. The point of trying to be tangentially correct, and positionally wrong, is remiss.

Er, what? Your S/L is under 45. 42 is less than 45. Not sure what you think you are proving. "Ene is high 30s". Last I checked, that also is less than 45. And for attacks that are tagged both Smashing and Energy, the game uses only the highest of the two. It does not add your Smashing and Energy Defense together. (Actually... is that why you think you have 45% def to all?)

You can dance around all you like, but in the end, you got caught in a lie. You said you had "45% Defense to all". You don't. With one foe in range, you don't have 45% to anything, let alone everything. You do have 42% Defense to many things, but like I said above (and I guess you missed it), not all attacks are tagged Smashing or Lethal. (If this was an honest mistake, then say it was a mistake. Continuing to stand by the "45% def to all" nonsense when anyone can click on your build and see it isn't true makes no sense.)

And even with 10 foes in melee range, you still don't quite have 45% defense to all. Your defense against Ranged Psionic attacks will only ever be around 18% no matter how many foes are around you. (And, I guess I have to point out that 18% is also less than 45%.)

"Positional are high". Really? 16% is high?

Sigh. Amusing as it is, the meandering fabrication you're enamoured of is less than enthralling […]

The only "fabrication" is the part where you said you had "45% def to all". But, thanks for admitting that that was a fabrication. That's all I wanted.

*Shrug* whatever helps you sleep at night. I typed 45% to sl, which my phone autocorrected to all. You'll notice my continuing reference to sl. Over and over. But, you can pretend you didn't notice that, which is proof you're blatantly trolling. So I thank you as well, for being transparent

How am I supposed to notice that your phone autocorrected? Especially since you reiterated the "45% defense to all" claim more than once, and certainly never retracted it (until now). Did your phone autocorrect those too? For example...

Being that almost all damage types have two tags, it is roughly 45 to all of one or another damage types, which would apply in all situations.

Is that also a result of your phone's autocorrect? Do you still maintain you have 45% defense applying "in all situations"? Oh I know, you meant to say you have 45% defense applying in "sl situations". Sure you did.

Just own up to the fact that you grossly exaggerated (or were grossly mistaken about) your build's capabilities and were rightly called on your BS.

How am I supposed to notice that your phone autocorrected? Especially since you reiterated the "45% defense to all" claim more than once, and certainly never retracted it (until now). Did your phone autocorrect those too? For example...

Being that almost all damage types have two tags, it is roughly 45 to all of one or another damage types, which would apply in all situations.

Is that also a result of your phone's autocorrect? Do you still maintain you have 45% defense applying "in all situations"? Oh I know, you meant to say you have 45% defense applying in "sl situations". Sure you did.

Just own up to the fact that you grossly exaggerated (or were grossly mistaken about) your build's capabilities and were rightly called on your BS.

Sadly, the issue is your reading comprehension. I'm actually very glad you copied my post, to highlight your seeming inability to understand. I'll help you out, and walk you through it.

Notice, the mention of two tags, 45 percent to roughly all due to this. Sl is one of those two tags. Follow me here, lights going on? Then I mention because of this tagging, it applies to all situations, due to not only sl but melee tagging, etc.

Now, since we can reread the thread, your claim I reiterated is a blatant lie, as I definitively mentioned tagging, positional and several other aspects of defense. In my ORIGINAL post, natch, you'll see the typo. Then the explanation of tagging. Then your nonsensical claims. Solid so far? I don't even need to delve further, though I could, and pick apart your decision to ignore the highest of the positional defenses, in your attempt to prove your straw man argument correct. Which wilted. Solid effort though, good show.

Thread's all yours! And welcome to time-out. One can lead a horse to water....

Sadly, the issue is your reading comprehension. I'm actually very glad you copied my post, to highlight your seeming inability to understand. I'll help you out, and walk you through it.

No Switch.  That dog don't hunt.

Your post clearly said in Post #7

Invuln. 800mill deep, incarnates done right...

90% resist to s/l/f/c/t, 83% to psi/ene/neg

45+% def to all

Massive Regen, rebirth heal and dull pain. Non-deathable.

In Post #10

I'm actually playing him now. I'll copy the build from pines.

In Post #11

Also, this is not some secret,big you use both superior tank sets, avalanche, hecatomb, Armageddon, 2 gift of the achients, shield breaker, etc etc and certain incarnates, you get the above numbers. It's expensive, but not secret.

Post #12 you put up your build with no other commentary.

Post #13 with an edit 9 minutes later.

Kruunch, if you are the original Kruunch from live, who authored the original Kruunch's guide to invuln and ss, I'm kind of disappointed in you.

Rather unkind to arbitrarily "Call BS" on me, assuming i would lie, rather than asking me how i did it, or trying yourself. There's the build. 90% s/l/f/c/t, 83% ene/neg, 87% to PSIONIC.

Defense is overcap with 3 foes in range, 45% with 1.

Sigh. It's not rocket surgery, all i did was play around with pines and there it is.

A few pointers: jab and punch suck, air sup and crosspunch are far better. skip punch and jab, use air sup and crosspunch in their place as the build shows. the build levels fine, as i always build to play all the way up to 50. at 50, i swapped low end sets for the purples and superiors, and then on into incarnates to pick up mroe resist, more end redux and more heal. No need for rage until 49, due to the crash and the fact that tanking on teams doesn't really require it. Also, once you get all the high end sets, the damage res and the def are so high, the rage crash is meaningless, i can't even tell the difference between crash and no crash.

I rarely, if ever, use dull pain. If you play on Excelsior, i'll demonstrate it to you. I'm kinda let down man, really. Kruunch's guide to invuln put me on the path. As an after thought, and an example, i just walked through the Maria Jenkins arc tonight, facetanking all the AV's, including the AV's that spam ene/neg, without having to break a sweat.

Post #15

Your understanding of damage tagging is erroneous.  Tags are generally one for Typed (SLENFCTP) or Positional (Melee, Ranged, AoE).

At this point you STILL have not corrected

And you didn't attempt a retraction until you were called on it.  That's not a fault of "reading comprehension".

That's either a massive goof on your part, or deliberate deception.  You pick.

Your Tank is not "as advertised".

Thank you for sharing the build.

Discussion over.

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

Kruunch, if you are the original Kruunch from live, who authored the original Kruunch's guide to invuln and ss, I'm kind of disappointed in you.

Rather unkind to arbitrarily "Call BS" on me, assuming i would lie, rather than asking me how i did it, or trying yourself. There's the build. 90% s/l/f/c/t, 83% ene/neg, 87% to PSIONIC.

Defense is overcap with 3 foes in range, 45% with 1.

Sigh. It's not rocket surgery, all i did was play around with pines and there it is.

A few pointers: jab and punch suck, air sup and crosspunch are far better. skip punch and jab, use air sup and crosspunch in their place as the build shows. the build levels fine, as i always build to play all the way up to 50. at 50, i swapped low end sets for the purples and superiors, and then on into incarnates to pick up mroe resist, more end redux and more heal. No need for rage until 49, due to the crash and the fact that tanking on teams doesn't really require it. Also, once you get all the high end sets, the damage res and the def are so high, the rage crash is meaningless, i can't even tell the difference between crash and no crash.

I rarely, if ever, use dull pain. If you play on Excelsior, i'll demonstrate it to you. I'm kinda let down man, really. Kruunch's guide to invuln put me on the path. As an after thought, and an example, i just walked through the Maria Jenkins arc tonight, facetanking all the AV's, including the AV's that spam ene/neg, without having to break a sweat.

Yes I'm the original Kruunch, and I'm sorry you feeled slighted (wasn't my intent). I can tell you're excited about your build and you should be, it's a fine build.

However I took the OP to to be asking from a "I want to roll a new Tanker" standpoint, which is what I was gearing my answer towards.

Switchfade posted an interesting build, but I think it's generally more efficient to go for Psi DEF on an Invuln character than it is to chase +RES as he did.  I posted an INV build from way back in the live days, long before ATOs and +RES bonuses on IO sets, that soft-caps to Psi, and soft-caps to S/L/N/E with one foe in melee range (Fire/Cold don't matter as much; they're at ~39%) - and it doesn't sacrifice hugely in terms of things like global recharge, and doesn't use any post-alpha Incarnates.  (Cardiac is used for endurance management, and a little extra RES enhancement, though the latter doesn't really matter.)

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/index.php/topic,2077.msg59648.html#msg59648

As I say, it's based on an old paradigm, so I'm sure it could be improved, but it should be pretty pleasant to play as it is.  In any case, we've at least shown that there are multiple ways to skin the tankability cat.  Invuln is certainly among the best in that category; it takes to IO bonuses extremely well.

• Like 1

Switchfade posted an interesting build, but I think it's generally more efficient to go for Psi DEF on an Invuln character than it is to chase +RES as he did.

With the modern Winter-Os, chasing +Res isn't terribly hard.

Hell, it's possible to run Invuln with Tough just turned off and mule'ing.

Hell, just for gits and shiggles, I ran off this Fighting-less Invuln/SS Tank.

Not quite Soft-Capped to E/N, but is to S/L/F/C and the Resist numbers just kinda of come along naturally.

Chasing +Psi Def is, actually, quite a bit more build compromising.

Hero Plan by Mids' Hero Designer 1.962

http://www.cohplanner.com/

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Tanker

Primary Power Set: Invulnerability

Secondary Power Set: Super Strength

Power Pool: Leaping

Power Pool: Leadership

Power Pool: Speed

Power Pool: Teleportation

Ancillary Pool: Energy Mastery

Hero Profile:

Level 1: Resist Physical Damage -- RctArm-ResDam(A), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(3), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg(3), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(5), UnbGrd-Max HP%(50)

Level 1: Jab -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(5), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(7), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(7), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(9), Mk'Bit-Dam%(9)

Level 2: Temp Invulnerability -- RctArm-ResDam(A), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(11), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg(11), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(13)

Level 4: Haymaker -- SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg(A), SprGntFis-Dmg/Rchg(17), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(17), SprGntFis-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(19), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(19), SprGntFis-Rchg/+Absorb(21)

Level 6: Dull Pain -- RechRdx-I(A)

Level 8: Resist Elements -- RctArm-ResDam(A), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(21), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg(23), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(23), GldArm-3defTpProc(25)

Level 10: Taunt -- PrfZng-Dam%(A)

Level 12: Unyielding -- RctArm-ResDam(A), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(25), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg(27), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(27)

Level 14: Resist Energies -- RctArm-ResDam(A), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(29), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg(29), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(31), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(31)

Level 16: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(31), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(33)

Level 18: Invincibility -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(33), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(33)

Level 20: Knockout Blow -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(34), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(34), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(36), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(36)

Level 22: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(36), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(37)

Level 24: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(37)

Level 26: Tough Hide -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(37), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(39), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(39), Rct-ResDam%(50)

Level 28: Rage -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(39)

Level 30: Super Jump -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)

Level 32: Spring Attack -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(40), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(40), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(42), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(42)

Level 35: Conserve Power -- RechRdx-I(A)

Level 38: Foot Stomp -- SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg(A), SprMghoft-Dmg/Rchg(42), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(45)

Level 41: Laser Beam Eyes -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(45), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(45), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(46), SprWntBit-Rchg/SlowProc(46)

Level 44: Physical Perfection -- RgnTss-Regen+(A)

Level 47: Energy Torrent -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(48), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(48), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(50)

Level 49: Recall Friend -- Tim&SpcMn-Stlth(A)

Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Gauntlet

Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)

Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)

Level 4: Ninja Run

Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)

Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(13), Mrc-Rcvry+(15)

Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)

Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(15)

Level 50: Agility Core Paragon

------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids' Hero Designer to view the build |

|-------------------------------------------------------------------|

|MxDz;1457;681;1362;HEX;|

|78DA6594CB4F135114C6EFB453B1A5D096022D94B650A0F2A8430759EB428851694|

|252E2968C7069479A69D316234B139F3B458D1B1571A5F858F94AFC2F7C01FA37F8|

|485CE9A61EE67C96C49974FA9B39F7DCEF3BF7CC9DC95D98F6BF3871F19850FCC74|

|B46ADB6306F582BB2EAC919057351EC1D2D742638BA302D97A55593DA49EBFC6AC9|

|9255E3AC5932EB6B310CE764494A2DBF5AA1EB7CBD2AAD42BD28FC73E572499B954|

|6C5B40A817F374BB25A2B9A159F7D9FAF48B9D4615FCE9344A55CAD1B75B36C8567|

|2AE6A236434685B5859C51ABCBEA5A94CA49D3F9DE4B7FCA5E810D55A4E822AA0A5|

|7024C32D501A6FEDB6D33E313381A1EB14C88534E8179A0089ACC83E7C015E607F2|

|53D8CFADC0CF073F1FFCFCF0D3C8C70D1FF72555085D15C1CBE01566C755F01AB3F|

|33AF323F978D84778C685ADF789622D586B0BBC3BE1DD0DEF6E78472779AD135483|

|976B10DE9ACB8EBD1B15A2156B68854E143ABDD0E985CE364D6E83671B72FB90DB8|

|7DC04721311D4407B25C0735C812E8C7532FB83CC1DD20DD98D6CB842C8E9FF2F47|

|A7DAC3E85FF806F765E026B80EDE620EDE06EF30435443176AE882FE20F487A09FA|

|29C08E72811F47808DCA5FA7AB0EE1ECC1FC2FC34E6A74F738FF55FCC49AA37666F|

|C68612834E1A8C90571CCF211EE37CA55B8824D697BCC7751FBA0F3E003798A30FC|

|14DE60649A4A09782C714F90F73CD9EE1CF6ECEDF668EED80BBE01766E62B739330|

|825A461EB347E609B8C53CFC147C063E676EB509318EBD3A7E947BF388F434D653B|

|5979C37F10A7C0DBE61EA6F99C3D4A32CD6940DF05EED539BEF2AFDE810A36AF38D|

|6F8C3946B38E88EE881C7144A61C915947644E852D45143BE20D36DFEFC6375FF3B|

|B80D11FFB119732C04FDC7F46B1BF22EDA7B84BDF1DB37EEE4714E52EF7A07D9DF9|

|87F68B8E95FF059313DF73|

|-------------------------------------------------------------------|

I posted an INV build from way back in the live days, long before ATOs and +RES bonuses on IO sets, that soft-caps to Psi, and soft-caps to S/L/N/E with one foe in melee range (Fire/Cold don't matter as much; they're at ~39%) - and it doesn't sacrifice hugely in terms of things like global recharge, and doesn't use any post-alpha Incarnates.  (Cardiac is used for endurance management, and a little extra RES enhancement, though the latter doesn't really matter.)

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/index.php/topic,2077.msg59648.html#msg59648

As I say, it's based on an old paradigm, so I'm sure it could be improved, but it should be pretty pleasant to play as it is.  In any case, we've at least shown that there are multiple ways to skin the tankability cat.  Invuln is certainly among the best in that category; it takes to IO bonuses extremely well.

Honestly, I haven't found unalloyed Psi damage to be THAT huge a part of the game.

And, in that case, I just pop inspies and pound them down.

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

With the modern Winter-Os, chasing +Res isn't terribly hard.

Hell, it's possible to run Invuln with Tough just turned off and mule'ing.

Hell, just for gits and shiggles, I ran off this Fighting-less Invuln/SS Tank.

Not quite Soft-Capped to E/N, but is to S/L/F/C and the Resist numbers just kinda of come along naturally.

Chasing +Psi Def is, actually, quite a bit more build compromising.

Very nice build.  I appreciate the link.

I was talking about Psi RES, though.  I realize you can get an easy ~30% out of that one Impervium Armor IO (slotting it 5 times), which is great, but from there it's harder to find your way.

As for compromising, eh.  The build I posted has ~74% global recharge before Hasten or Incarnate powers.  I'm not saying that I'd necessarily want to play a build that has soft-capped Psi DEF (on live I made do with 32%), but I remain surprised at how little real sacrifice it requires.  And I'm sure that someone who's more practiced at using some of the new IO options for tanks could improve my effort.  (I've been focused on squishier ATs since I came back a few weeks ago.)

In the end, what matters is that we've proven that Invuln can be hellaciously tanky, and that there's a wealth of options to get there.

Honestly, I haven't found unalloyed Psi damage to be THAT huge a part of the game.

And, in that case, I just pop inspies and pound them down.

It depends on playstyle and priorities.  Personally I've always placed perhaps an undue emphasis on A) consistent performance over peak, and B) self-sufficiency, to the extent that it's possible.  Jumping into a crowd of +4 carnies without having to use Inspirations is just fun, too. 

Still, my approach isn't the only valid one.  You're absolutely correct that Luck Inspirations have an enormous effect on practical capability; given their existence, it will always be more efficient to build for RES, all else being equal (though of course all else often isn't equal).  Likewise, DEF buffs tend to be much more plentiful in high-end teams than RES buffs.

I strongly reccomend you just play what you like the feel of and what you are proud of the most in making as incarns and IO sets and accolades will make anyone a god in pve.

Sure you could make a min/max thats 100% perfection when taking damage or you could enjoy the crap out of a set thats a Little less tanky...i made a Super strength willpower tanker as its a bit of a Jack of all trades and if at some point i find an amazing idea for a costume i can change name aswell and play that and not lose all the work i put in.

tl:dr play what you enjoy because PVE it doesnt make that much difference after 50 everything melts in teams anyway from incarn dps.

Rumblebee (Excelsior)

I strongly reccomend you just play what you like the feel of and what you are proud of the most in making as incarns and IO sets and accolades will make anyone a god in pve.

Sure you could make a min/max thats 100% perfection when taking damage or you could enjoy the crap out of a set thats a Little less tanky...i made a Super strength willpower tanker as its a bit of a Jack of all trades and if at some point i find an amazing idea for a costume i can change name aswell and play that and not lose all the work i put in.

tl:dr play what you enjoy because PVE it doesnt make that much difference after 50 everything melts in teams anyway from incarn dps.

That's what they're talking about.