Costume Idea - Weapons as costume pieces (regardless of power set)

Caveat:  I have absolutely no idea how difficult this would be to do; it could be a simple tweak or a monumental effort.  I'm just putting the idea out there to see if there's any interest.

What:  As a "nice to have", I'd like to see the ability to select different items from weapon powersets (shields, swords, staves, etc.), regardless of the character having those powersets.  It would be a nonfunctional costume piece, having no bearing on actual powers or game play.

Why:  The motivation would be to enable certain character concepts, such as having powers rooted in an enchanted object.  Imagine water powers controlled by the trident of Poseidon:  currently there is a trident available, but only as a weapon skin for the staff powers.  Maybe you want a medieval-armored character who carries a shield, but has no special abilities/powers around that shield.  Being able to add weapons like this as a purely cosmetic costume piece would expand options for characters. 

Why not:  I'm sure there are many other more pressing issues that need attention before a cosmetic issue such as this.  Also, equipping such objects without the associated powers will certainly cause conflicts with power animations.  Maybe these conflicts only result in animations looking a little awkward, maybe the problems are more significant; I have no idea.

• Like 4

• 5 months later
  • 10 months later

having swords for bagpack options isn't a bad idea or shields, but yes I would love to be able to cast spells while my character holds some sort of staff. If you could get stuff like use the shield animation for the ice armor could also be a good option as you could have the ice shield, which actually looks pretty nice and looks like a defensive ice power while ice armor is just a clunky piece of ice. Still the shield weapon style doesn't offer the same defense as the ice armor