Need a Water/Storm build

ChromeFamily

I have a themed character that needs Shark Skin, Spirit Shark Jaws. I am new to water so I don't know what is skippable or not, but there so many options here.

I need some ideas on builds, I normally build for ranged defense on squishes and recharge. But like I mentioned before I am not sure what would be the best way to build this character out. All help would be appreciated.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later

I found Storm to be disappointing after I noticed that Hurricane still repelled mobs with a Sudden Acceleration: Knockback to Knockdown IO in it, however, Shark Skin brought to the Resist Cap should be just fine.

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

I don't have a Water/Storm Corruptor build.

However, I've linked the Storm/Water Defender I'm currently playing at the bottom of the post.

Concepts you should observe:

• Use of Force Feedback procs to provide global recharge. This is a hidden virtue of Storm Summoning and you should exploit it to the fullest.
  • Triple-proc'd attack chain. Note that the attack chain I'm using involves only Aqua Bolt, Water Jet and Char (from epic pools).
  • Knockback reduction on Tornado. I find it a waste on slots on Hurricane and Lightning Storm. The former I only use when I don't care about knocking back enemies. The latter has a 1 Mag KB, so it doesn't KB anything higher level than me.
  • Ageless to manage endurance/reduce recharge. Playing this particular build without Incarnates (or Speed Boost) can be painful.
  • The various set bonuses to incrementally reach the defensive goals. In this case, I went for soft-capped Range/AoE defense and hard-capped S/L/F resist. It's doubtful that a Corruptor could reach these totals, but many of the same techniques could be applied.
  • Maximize recharge on Freezing Rain, Whirlpool, Tornado and Lightning Storm. These are all recharge-fueld powers.

If you're going with Leviathan Mastery, you'll have less single target dps than Flame Mastery provides but the AE Root is definitely tempting to keep enemies locked in the Freezing Rain.

Hero Plan by Hero Hero Designer 2.23
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Defender
Primary Power Set: Storm Summoning
Secondary Power Set: Water Blast
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Flame Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: O2 Boost -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), NmnCnv-Heal(3), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(3), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(5), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(5), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(7)
Level 1: Aqua Bolt -- Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), Thn-Acc/Dmg(7), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(9), AchHee-ResDeb%(9), TchofLadG-%Dam(11), ShlBrk-%Dam(11)
Level 2: Snow Storm -- PcnoftheT-EndRdx/Rchg/Slow(A)
Level 4: Super Speed -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(15), BlsoftheZ-Travel(17)
Level 6: Steamy Mist -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(17), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(19), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(19), UnbGrd-Max HP%(21), UnbGrd-ResDam(21)
Level 8: Freezing Rain -- SprDfnBst-Rchg/Heal%(A), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(23), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg(23), SprDfnBst-Dmg/Rchg(25), SprDfnBst-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(25), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(27)
Level 10: Whirlpool -- SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(27), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(29), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(31), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(31)
Level 12: Hurricane -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 14: Hover -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A)
Level 16: Fly -- BlsoftheZ-Travel(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(31), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(33)
Level 18: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 20: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(33)
Level 22: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(33), Rct-Def/EndRdx(34)
Level 24: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(34)
Level 26: Tornado -- SlbAll-Dmg(A), SlbAll-Dmg/Rchg(34), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(36), FrcFdb-Rechg%(36), RechRdx-I(50)
Level 28: Water Jet -- SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg(A), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(37), GldJvl-Dam%(37), ImpSwf-Dam%(37), Apc-Dam%(39)
Level 30: Tidal Forces -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 32: Lightning Storm -- SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(A), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(39), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(39), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(40), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), FrcFdb-Rechg%(40)
Level 35: Char -- Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), Thn-Acc/Dmg(42), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(42), NrnSht-Dam%(42), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(43), UnbCns-Dam%(43)
Level 38: Geyser -- SprVglAss-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), SprVglAss-Dmg/Rchg(43), SprVglAss-Rchg/+Absorb(45), Ann-ResDeb%(45), PstBls-Dam%(45), FrcFdb-Rechg%(46)
Level 41: Fire Shield -- Ags-Psi/Status(A), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(46), Ags-ResDam(46), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(48), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(48)
Level 44: Weave -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(48), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(50)
Level 47: Tactics -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(50)
Level 49: Afterburner -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 1: Vigilance 
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Flight-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(13)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(13), PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(15)
Level 1: Combo Level 1 
Level 1: Combo Level 2 
Level 1: Combo Level 3 
Level 50: Intuition Radial Paragon 
Level 50: Ion Core Final Judgement 
Level 50: Degenerative Core Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Cimeroran Core Superior Ally 
Level 50: Ageless Core Epiphany 
Level 50: Assault Radial Embodiment 
------------

8 hours ago, Myrmidon said:

I found Storm to be disappointing after I noticed that Hurricane still repelled mobs with a Sudden Acceleration: Knockback to Knockdown IO in it, however, Shark Skin brought to the Resist Cap should be just fine.

Is this a bug? Could we double check? I'm very surprised that the sudden acceleration kb to kd io doesn't work here, as it works marvelously in repel from kinetics. This is a huge set back for storm summoning in my opinion. A kb to kd io with the FF recharge proc in repel works fantastically, it's a pity this doesn't appear to be an option for SS.

1 minute ago, Darkir said:

Is this a bug? Could we double check? I'm very surprised that the sudden acceleration kb to kd io doesn't work here, as it works marvelously in repel from kinetics. This is a huge set back for storm summoning in my opinion. A kb to kd io with the FF recharge proc in repel works fantastically, it's a pity this doesn't appear to be an option for SS.

It's not a bug.

Amusingly enough, the Repel power from Kinetics doesn't actually repel, in a game mechanical sense; it's just a KB power.  Hurricane does both knockback and repel.

The KB-to-KD proc in Hurricane is still useful, in the sense that it makes the power a little less chaotic, but you'll never get rid of the chaos completely.  This is because mobs that are standing/not controlled get repelled slower than mobs that are knocked down or immobilized - and since Hurricane's KB/KD effect is random, the only way to make the repel 100% predictable is to use an AoE immobilize on the targets.

In most situations, I think Hurricane would be more useful without the repel, but the repel does give you some unique, and IMO fun, options.