Shield Defence or Invulnerability?

Alamo Knight

On 7/28/2019 at 1:13 PM, ChocolateMercenary said:

Honestly, the DEF sets in general tend to be more endurance heavy, but Nin and EA have ways to recover.

I've found the way around this with all sets that don't have some form of endurance mitigation/recovery is to have some (or all) of the following:

Performance Shifter: Chance for +End

Miracle: Recovery

Numina's Convalescence: Regen/Recovery

Panacea: +HP/+End

I have at least one (if not multiple) on every toon I make now.

I've not been on the forum much, but if we're not talking about damage resistance, we perhaps should be, as it's easier to come by now with the new sets and the way the sets were buffed for damage resistance.

Invuln's heal is more of a hit point buff than a heal, but some heal is better than no heal.

Parry + shield might be good for incarnate content, but it's probably easy to get pointlessly high even for that.

I agree that Broadsword / Invuln isn't particularly synergistic since it's combining positional and typed defenses, so they don't stack. On the other hand, on the Super Strength / Fire Brute I'm working on, I've done exactly that - combined positional and typed defenses, and the numbers are coming out better than focusing on one or the other. That took me by surprise. So who knows.

• Thanks 1

On 7/29/2019 at 12:20 AM, Heraclea said:

I do know that it takes anti-interrupt enhancements, which suggests that it can.  The bigger problem for me was that it didn't do much more than the heal from Siphon Life, and was up a lot less, so I found myself just not using it that much. 

I checked  - it can definitely still be interrupted.