Lag, Disconnects, and Stability

Cipher

Thank you so much  for putting in all this work for us, you made a 29 year old man cry tears of joy today, if you find a way to monetize, patreon or anything ill support as much as I can. We greatly appreciate the hard work man.

I am not ashamed to admit it. When I got in the first time, it lasted about 5 seconds then was down and it literally brought a tear to my eye.

Only issue I see here is if player base got split...they might be having issues but I would hate for this amazing community to be split as I dunno how population

will sustain. Tho it is good to have backups incase the big bad wolf comes knocking.

I never said "Split the playerbase".

1. There is so much we are trying to learn about this software that is slowly being documented. In short adding knowledge to the wiki is my suggestion.

2. NC$hit will come knocking sooner or later and will demand the server be taken down because they are evil and want to destroy happiness.

I don't want to be without this game. I think this is an excellent opportunity to be READY to respond should Torchbearer/Excelsior get forced down.

"Quantity has a quality of its own" - V I Lenin

Growing a pool of people who know the game code can only be to the good of the community.

The more code-savvy folks we have and the more the code is spread then the more experts we will have.

That gives the devs more shoulders to lean on when problems aise.

Thank you so much  for putting in all this work for us, you made a 29 year old man cry tears of joy today, if you find a way to monetize, patreon or anything ill support as much as I can. We greatly appreciate the hard work man.

I am not ashamed to admit it. When I got in the first time, it lasted about 5 seconds then was down and it literally brought a tear to my eye.

Same here! :)  I still can't believe it. Up or down .. I am happy to have a little bit of something than all of nothing at all.  LOVE YOU GUYS!!! :) and THANK YOU! So much! :)

Im just happy to be playing again.

Hopefully you guys will get it

Thank you so much for all the hard work.

If you need volunteer GM's im a retired FF/Paramedic and I sit at home all day :)

Also I was a guide with EQ2 for years.

Thank you all once again for this

Have a great day!

Why yes I do know what a search feature is. However with the 1000 returns it is hard to dig through all that. So I ask in posts.

Ever since the server shutdown on the official servers, I've felt online homeless and lost. Other games have not given me what City of Heroes gave me and I had given the game up for lost.

And now

You've brought it back to us all. The diamond we cherished, not lost, but hidden as the gem it is.

Once more I've been able to don my cape and powers and take to the sky in defense of the online city we love. (Or plot its takeover etc red side)

To the ones that work in the shadows, THANK YOU. Thank you for this. Thank you for fighting and bringing the server(s) to us. I hope and Pray (cannot do anything else) for you and our game. May we keep our game and our gameworld with the blessing of the company that dropped it.

And hopefully grow from there.

The lag and disconnects now, are nothing... for I know the game is here. :)

Keep up the good work that you do!

I believe I am not the only one that was emotional when I first logged back in the game so Thank you for giving us a chance again to fly together.

I believe I am not the only one that was emotional when I first logged back in the game so Thank you for giving us a chance again to fly together.

You are most definitely NOT the only one... this 54 y.o. man cried when the CoH Splash Screen popped up.. and then had an ear splitting grin all through character creation!

You are most definitely NOT the only one... this 54 y.o. man cried when the CoH Splash Screen popped up.. and then had an ear splitting grin all through character creation!

me too I was basically jumping up and down like a child gleefully nearly squeeeing as I saw the character select screen and heard that glorious music

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?

me too I was basically jumping up and down like a child gleefully nearly squeeeing as I saw the character select screen and heard that glorious music

LOL.... same here.... 55 years old and still playing like a kid in a candy store. Didn't realize how much I missed this game until I heard of the rogue servers popping up... so glad to play it again. I always loved the character creation screen!

I hate how so many of the newer games go for that crappy cartoony character look like Fortnite or Overwatch.

• 1 month later

I really wish I could help out.  Unfortunately, my coding experience is limited to what I learned in college.  Considering I took classes in Basic, Fortran and Cobol.. I'm just a wee bit out of date.  Geez, I'm an old broad.