PK's Flight Binds

_NOPE_

Not REALLY a guide, but I don't know where else to stick it, so here it is. My basic binds that I'm using now that I switched from Teleport to Fly (since I'm doing Shadow Shard stuff now!) I remember seeing a long time ago a better set of binds that someone had made that somehow determined whether or not you were actually MOVING and turned fly on or off automatically depending on whether you were moving or not, but I don't recall where I found that. So, for a second best thing, here's my bind files. It turns on over on the first button press, then switches to fly, then back to hover, then turns off hover and repeats the cycle:

bindhover.txt:

e "powexectoggleon hover$$bind_load_file c:\coh\bindfly.txt"

bindfly.txt:

e "powexectoggleon fly$$bind_load_file c:\coh\bindhover2.txt"

bindhover2.txt:

e "powexectoggleon hover$$bind_load_file c:\coh\bindhoveroff.txt"

bindhoveroff.txt:

e "powexectoggleoff hover$$bind_load_file c:\coh\bindhover.txt"

I initialize the loop by going ingame and typing:

/bindloadfile c:\coh\bindhover.txt

and pressing the "e" key on my keyboard to hover for the first time.

• Thanks 1
I'm out.

Please let me know if I'm missing something, but if you're just looking for a key that toggles between fly and hover, you can do this without invoking file overwrites:

/bind e "powexecname hover$$powexecname fly"

Note the entirely encapsulating quotes.  I've found this to be the most reliable method of "AND"ing up multiple commands.  Note that I also intentionally avoid powexectoggleon.

Why the "simple" approach works

The game requires an "action" to activate (to my knowledge) every toggle.  It does not require an "action" to detoggle.  How to test if things can fire off concurrently: try to perform a click action during an attack animation.

• If you try to activate Hover while in the middle of a Flurry animation, it will queue instead
  • If you try to deactivate Hover while in the middle of Flurry, it will happily do so.

As long as your 2 powers follow this behavior (all toggles, to my knowledge), the simple toggle bind will work, with lower chance for error (lag used to trip up my wsad Sprint binds, which were reading from file).

My most common version of this:

/bind shift+space "powexecname combat jumping$$powexecname Super Jump"

• Thanks 1

Yeah, but then that'd still require having an icon on your power tray to turn OFF either Fly or Hover. My power tray space is limited, so I wanted to use NO icons to turn it off, thus my rotating binds.

• Like 1
I'm out.

1 hour ago, The Philotic Knight said:

Yeah, but then that'd still require having an icon on your power tray to turn OFF either Fly or Hover. My power tray space is limited, so I wanted to use NO icons to turn it off, thus my rotating binds.

It doesn't have to.

I personally use that bond above but with powexectoggleon to switch between fly and hover on "f". Then I have shift+f "powexectoggleoff Fly$$powexectoggleoff Hover" if I want to just got to the floor. That way I don't have to cycle back to Hover either.

Edited by blayzemaster