Good build for blaster to get started?

Ayran

Hello all. I did some PvP on live but has been a long time and many changes

what is a good blaster build? I heard ice and psi are good and also ta and plant. What are some reasons to take one instead of the other?

Ice is good because it has plenty of secondary effects which give you more ability to slot damage procs. With the changes to the proc system (PPM vs flat rate) you can stuff your heavy-hitting attacks full of damage procs (Bitter Ice Blast and Freeze Ray come to mind) and boost your damage output that way. Psi is still nice because of projectile travel time so you can basically make 2-3 attacks hit at the same time which makes it harder for both your target and your target's emp to deal with. Regarding Plant or TA, it's a choice between damage and utility. Plant has Strangler (ranged hold which does good damage and can be proc bomb'd) and Toxins instead of Build Up which is nice because the extra toxic damage that's added isn't subject to diminishing returns like the +dam bonus would be. Tac Arrow gives you some really good movement control, net arrow, and glue arrow, which is great for disruption and keeping people grounded, but you lose out on the extra damage you'd get from going Plant.

• Like 1

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

• 1 month later
  • 1 month later

you have to take the web arrow, other than that you want:

upshot

eagle eye

agility

gymnastics

and thats really all you need/what makes ta good

i really like glue arrow as well, i tend to take it instead of single shot on my beam/ta

ive heard some people like flash arrow, but it seems pretty niche