Character name change: adding or removing "The"

Blackbird71

In character creation, I know of two ways to add "The" at the beginning of a name:

1. On the final (Register) tab of character creation, select "The" from the drop down prefix menu (at this time, the only options are "The" or nothing, represented by "...")
  2. Or, as you type your name, include "The" at the beginning.  It will automatically be removed from the name itself, and the prefix "The" will be activated just as if you had chosen on the Register tab

However, I have not found a way to either add or remove "The" when renaming a preexisting character.  Typing "The" as part of the name only gets the name rejected as invalid, and there is no way I know of to access the drop down prefix menu.  On the flip side, if a character already has "The" as a prefix for their name, and you rename the character, there does not seem to be any way to remove this prefix.  I've also checked the in-game ID screen, and there is no way to change the prefix from this either.

I feel like I'm missing something obvious; like there should be an easy way of handling this.  Is there something I'm not seeing, or are characters really stuck with/without this prefix regardless of renames?

Is it perhaps a Title you've selected?  Go to a trainer and change your title and remove "the"...

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

You should be able to go to a trainer and modify your title and remove the "The" that way.

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

Just now, Frostbiter said:

You should be able to go to a trainer and modify your title and remove the "The" that way.

Jinx!!! you owe me a Coke!

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

7 hours ago, justicebeliever said:

Is it perhaps a Title you've selected?  Go to a trainer and change your title and remove "the"...

7 hours ago, Frostbiter said:

Yes, that did it, thanks!

9 hours ago, Frostbiter said:

At least it's not a Pepsi. 🤮

But that's all I wanted!

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)

15 minutes ago, Mjolnerd said:

But that's all I wanted!

I would give you a Pepsi, but until I get my Coke, I’m holding onto it. 😀

Edited by justicebeliever

8 hours ago, justicebeliever said:

I would give you a Pepsi, but until I get my Coke, I’m holding onto it. 😀

*hands justicebeliever a solidly frozen Coca-Cola*

• Haha 1

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

*goes to hand Mjolnerd a Pepsi, but finds himself frozen from Frostbiter*

15 minutes ago, Healix said:

*is SHOCKED that JB does COKE!*

What?  It's just a little now and then, to knock the edge off...Plus, I get that energy boost that I sometimes need after a stressful day or most days in the mid-afternoons...

The place where I get it from started me out with a little taste, and I've been hooked ever since.  One time, they changed the formula and I did not like it...it felt very weird...

I stopped for a while until I found out that the supplier was bring back the original formula...

But I think I can stop anytime...It's not like I need it to function or anything...Sometimes, after a hot day outside, my kiddo and I will just pass Coke around...

Wait, why is everyone starting at me so funny?

Oh, not that kind of Coke silly, this kind...

giphy.gif