New Channels for Non Help Discussion

The Help Channel Often gets used as a sort of general chat which can be aggravating to those who prefer to just see actual help there.

Any chance we could get "Official" Channels for non-help things ... for instance a  General or Off Topic Channel and/or a Lore Channel for discussion of lore relating to the game?

Isn't there a list of existing global channels? There's a bunch out there with different themes. Base building, etc.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

Aries, I think the problem is that the Help channel can become crowded with off-topic discussions (nerd culture, build arguments, best bbq in Memphis, etc.)

People who are off topic are often reluctant (refuse) to move on-topic because there is no global channel for them to have off topic conversations.

when the existence of such channels is pointed out, they usually aren’t satisfied, because despite knowing the best build, AT, powersets, power choices, and IO’s, the actual mechanics of having to search and subscribe to a global channel are too difficult to master.  

In reality, I expect those people just want their audience (the whole shard) and are unwilling to move unless an alternative is available that we are forced to be a part of.

Personally, I am against this, because a.) I doubt it will change behavior for the obstinate ones I just discussed and b.) for those that are willing to go into another channel, we already have the options you describe..

I am really pretty bitter at the Help channel, can you tell?

P.S.  There are really tried and true heroes in that channel who not only put up with the above crap, but do so with aplomb and decorum while still managing to help people...

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 8:12 PM, justicebeliever said:

I am really pretty bitter at the Help channel, can you tell?

Eh, I'm more bitter about the fact that we've been having persistent Globals issues. The likely reason people Stay in Help or LFG. Nothing pisses you off like not being able to talk to others just because you entered a building. Now I haven't played in a bit, so if this has been FIXED, then I'll be forever grateful!

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)