Warhammer 40k mission (wip)

Jeagan

Hey everyone, I'm a bit of a 40k fan, so I made a mission where you help the Adeptus Astartes battle some Heretic Legionnaires! Arc ID 12519, please let me know what you think in the comments! I will be expanding the story with additional missions, maybe make it a string, but for now I'm focusing on enemy designs and balance. Thanks a ton for your help!

FOR THE EMPEROR!

*update* I made a mission arc of three so far.

1) Battle the Death Guard as they attempt to release a plague in Paragon City!

2) Stop the Crimson Chaos from sacrificing innocent civilians!

3) Stop the Emperor's Children from setting up a deep strike beacon in the heart of Atlas Park!

4 and 5 are still in the works. Please keep up the input, I really appreciate it!

Edited by Jeagan
  • Like 2

Alright, probably the final update! Finished the arc on mission 4, as it is already pretty long.

In part 4, Abaddon's Black Legion was able to teleport into a nearby structure, and are transporting some kind of cauldron below ground. You'll need to battle through hordes of Traitor Marines and cultists to prevent the power of the Incarnates from falling into the clutches of Chaos!

Arc ID 12519, Abaddon's Invasion (WH40K mission)

On a side note, I did run into a bit of an issue with the maps (transition from warehouse to caves) large set. For some reason enemy groups on the bottom floor would fade out once you engage them, and all spawn in a bunch next to the elevator on the top floor. Not sure what could be causing this, but it's happened on every large map of that set.

Did I say that's the last update? Ha! I lied. That was the last update concerning the Traitor Marines mission arc. As that arc is best suited for mid to high level characters, I'm now in the process of building a Tau combat scenario. So far I have several minions and lieutenants designed, and a boss. As this is targeted at lower level groups, I'm probably not going to have any EBs or AVs. Currently the first mission is a training simulation for newly promoted Battle Brothers.

Mission ID 12957, if anyone is interested in trying it out!

• 2 weeks later

No stop World Eaters from Summoning a Bloodthirster and it's minions? (hint: they get summoned anyway)

Navigate a giant labyrinth and encounter Thousand Sons & Tzeentch daemons would be cool.

ooo a Necron one where they keep rezzing would be a fun farm.

Fighting an Orc Waaaaaaaaagggghhhhhhh! would be nice too.

I only have three slots for arcs, unfortunately xD I'm planning on doing one for Orks. Main reason I did Crimson Chaos instead of World Eaters is because the Crimson Chaos have (in my opinion) a more interesting... flaw? I guess that would be the term? Driven mad by the ghosts of those they've killed, the only way to stop the whispers is to drown them out with fresh screams. That's why they units have ghosts flowing around them 😛

• 2 weeks later