Mystery Contacts

Anyone know if Colonel Taggard in Steel Canyon or Albert Maurer in Talos actually do anything?  There is no data in Paragon Wiki about them apart from their location...

I tried posting in Help, but I got none...any ideas?

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

He's for something that was being worked on before the game shutdown. This is all I could find:

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Colonel_Taggard

Edit: Well , ok he was also a real person who led the 12th Pennsylvania Reserves in 1861.

Edited by Frostbiter
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

That's all I could find as well...they don't do anything in-game then?

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Colonel Taggard is mentioned in Laura Lockhart's Council/5th Column story arc as her commanding officer. I assume that after her arc they would have passed you onto him for a second arc about the Council and 5th Column schism.

Interestingly the souvenir of the arc mentions you receiving a medal directly from Col Taggard which doesn't happen, and would have been the natural lead in to his arc, or at least a text debriefing. I assume this and the Graham Easton arc also in Steel Canyon were part of the I24 beta and so weren't fully finished. 

Possible that Albert Maurer would have been more post-pretoria content similar to Roy Cooling in Talos, but no info on that that I'm aware of.

Edited by Aberrant
More info

Check out the Unofficial Homecoming Wiki! Contributions welcome!

I'm wondering if that wasn't going to be the lead in to the promised space missions that never came. The Space Port was supposed to be in Steel Canyon IIRC.

• Like 2

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

7 hours ago, Frostbiter said:

I'm wondering if that wasn't going to be the lead in to the promised space missions that never came. The Space Port was supposed to be in Steel Canyon IIRC.

Several days ago, I was running a character past the exploration badge at the N end of Steel Canyon E of the tram as part of grabbing all the zone's badges for the accolade, and I heard two of the NPC civilians talking about how great it was to have a job on a construction project where they didn't actually have to build anything.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

21 hours ago, Aberrant said:

. I assume this and the Graham Easton arc also in Steel Canyon were part of the I24 beta and so weren't fully finished. 

Graham Easton is currently active. He offers an arc in the high teens to low 20s, as I recall. Same level band as Laura Lockheart and in my experience usually offered as the alternate choice when being introduced to Laura.