Texture settings - raid friendly

wjrasmussen

I think I was there for that. I believe what they meant was you can choose a minimal FX set for ice armor powers. It puts less visible blocky armor pieces on folks and that should cut down on visual noise.

2 hours ago, daHob said:

I think I was there for that. I believe what they meant was you can choose a minimal FX set for ice armor powers. It puts less visible blocky armor pieces on folks and that should cut down on visual noise.

I'm under the impression that, being less to render, it's also more friendly to less robust computers, which seems logical, but I don't know for sure.  Additionally, computers today should be more able to handle the game, although my 7 year old rig does struggle a bit when I get into a good mosh pit in the Rikti mothership bowl.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

If someone in the raid is having issues with all the flashy powers going off then it should be up to them to turn down their particle counts in the options. Asking a player to modify their powersets is dickish.

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

14 hours ago, daHob said:

how to I do that?

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!

5 minutes ago, daHob said:

At the tailor one of the things you can change is the FX/colors on your powers.

I don't think they mean that.  iirC, back in release, there were settings you could make to textures. 

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!

Not being the person who originally said it, I can only speculate.But I know the ice armors have two different visible effects you can choose, one is big and bulky nad the other is much smaller? I assumed that's what they meant?

3 hours ago, daHob said:

Well, this is specifically the ice armor power that covers everyone in bulky ice blocks. I kind of don't like it because I don't want my demon guy covered in ice...

>.>

You're thinking of Cold's shields, not Ice Armor.