Vengeance any good?

FullEclipse

To be fair... if Veng could be invoked on dead pets, it wouldn't be good.

It would be incredible. It would be absolutely brokenly overpowered, to the point that every MM would plan their builds around getting it by level 16 (The minimum level you can take it at).

Worth noting, however, that while Vengeance cannot be triggered off of a dead pet, all pets (yours and those of other players) do benefit from the buff.    With just one MM this can be a major shift in the course of a fight that's going badly (and most times if one of your teammates died, either the fight's going badly or someone got aggro on another group and it's about to go badly).    With two or more MMs this is basically an instant win button.   

Despite the limitation, I typically take Vengeance on my MMs for this reason

There can be no defense like elaborate courtesy - E.V. Lucas

My AE arcs:

Ex Machina, the story of the Tin Mage Corps.  Arc ID #11781

Vengeance is amazing. Though I would really like to see the leadership our pool buffed for masterminds. Both I magically and mechanically it makes sense that we would have better numbers than blasters but we don't.

Unless you never team up at all if you are going into leadership pool you should probably take vengeance it is amazing. You cannot use it off your own dead pets but that does not mean it is not phenomenal.

I mean, I get why MMs have low Leadership multipliers. Thematically it doesn't make sense, as Masterminds are obviously great leaders. But mechanically... A Mastermind gets 6 times the benefit from Leadership powers that any other AT does. So it really had to be reduced a bit.

Here’s how to make Vengeance work on your pet.

Check the LFT channel or just the server global channels.  Or swing by AE in Atlas.  Look for a lowbie LFT, blasters are great for this, but really any lowbie will work.  Tell them you’ll keep them buffed and healed and they’ll earn great XP.

Once in mission, tell them to group tightly with your pets “to avoid aggro.”  Now, pull aggro onto your pets.  Don’t heal/buff them at all.  When they die, Veng off of them.  Then Rez them.  Rinse/repeat.  Profit.  Master your evil laugh.  MM’s were originally a villain class after all.

You’ll have to replace your Vengeance Pet frequently, they do wear out and often just run away from the team to the exits or quit altogether.  But I find a steady supply of them readily available.  Fully expendable.

Edited by Crysis
  • Haha 3

On 8/13/2019 at 7:51 AM, Crysis said:

Here’s how to make Vengeance work on your pet.

Check the LFT channel or just the server global channels.  Or swing by AE in Atlas.  Look for a lowbie LFT, blasters are great for this, but really any lowbie will work.  Tell them you’ll keep them buffed and healed and they’ll earn great XP.

Once in mission, tell them to group tightly with your pets “to avoid aggro.”  Now, pull aggro onto your pets.  Don’t heal/buff them at all.  When they die, Veng off of them.  Then Rez them.  Rinse/repeat.  Profit.  Master your evil laugh.  MM’s were originally a villain class after all.

You’ll have to replace your Vengeance Pet frequently, they do wear out and often just run away from the team to the exits or quit altogether.  But I find a steady supply of them readily available.  Fully expendable.

And they say no one plays villains anymore!

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝