Build imput please

Neiska

Hello everyone, 

I am hoping for some advice/imput on my planned Claws/Bio Armor build. This is my first time doing this, so I'm still sort of learning here. Also I don't have enhancements planned out yet either, because I have no idea what the end sets are for this sort of setup or what all is even possible. More or less I just want to make sure my primary powers check out before figuring out where to go from there. Advice from there is welcome!

This will be a rebuild, but she is level 41 right now. I also have zero experience with Ancilliary Pools and Patron powers yet. But I do have some spare slots and things I can change out if there is something thats "should have" that I am missing. 

My goals are - To be able to do Decent damage, but I do sort of want to be a bit on the tougher side of brutes, able to offtank if necessary or even run point on teams. But i do definately want to be able to take some hits if push comes to shove. It doesnt have to be able to speed run or AOE farm or anything like that. More or less be able to roll with the hits on team content if need be.

Anyway, please let me know how this looks and if there are any glaring things I missed or what could be changed. I also have a few spare power slots that I'm not sure what to do with, and I'm not sure which I should take on the Slash/Taunt level.

Thanks bunches in advance, and I am sorry its incomplete. Its all new to me.

Level 50 Tech Brute

Primary Power Set: Claws
Secondary Power Set: Bio Armor
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: ???

Villain Profile:

Level 1: Swipe

Level 1: Hardened Carapace
Level 2: Inexhaustible
Level 4: Environmental Modification

Level 6: Spin

Level 8: Follow Up
Level 10: Evolving Armor
Level 12: Hasten
Level 14: Boxing
Level 16: Tough
Level 18: Weave
Level 20: Adaptation
Level 22: Flight
Level 24: Slash (or Taunt?)
Level 26: Eviscerate
Level 28: DNA siphon
Level 30: Maneuvers

Level 32: Shockwave

Level 35: Genetic Contamination
Level 38: Parasitic Aura
Level 41: Tactics
Level 44: ???
Level 47: ???

Level 49: ???

A few initial comments on things that jumped out at me:

• Download Mids' Reborn: https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/7645-mids-reborn-hero-designer/
  • I would take Focus, the highest DPS attack. If you don't want the knockback, I believe you slot the Sudden Acceleration: Knockback to Knockdown IO in it.
  • I would take Ablative Carapace - huge regen, lots of absorption, up most of the time.
  • If you don't mind fighting while airborne, I would take Hover. It provides a little extra defense, and when IOing, can "mule" desirable IOs.
Edited by Werner