Blank Screen At Startup

_Vesp0id_

When I click the "Play" button on the Tequila launcher the loading bar shows up and then a few seconds later my screen goes blank with "unsupported signal" on it, forcing me to restart the computer. 

C:\Games\CoH <------- Where Tequila is installed. 

6 hours ago, Korbian said:

What kind of hardware are you running?  I'm no expert but that sounds graphics-y.

System Information
------------------
     Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570
         Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 17134) (17134.rs4_release.180410-1804)

BIOS: BIOS Date: 02/05/10 19:13:52 Ver: 08.00.10 (type: BIOS)
                Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
                   Memory: 8192MB RAM
      Available OS Memory: 8174MB RAM
                Page File: 4093MB used, 12272MB available
              Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
          DirectX Version: DirectX 12
      DX Setup Parameters: Not found
         User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
       System DPI Setting: 144 DPI (150 percent)
          DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
                 Miracast: Available, no HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported

Edited by _Vesp0id_

I suppose it can't hurt to check DPI settings as explained below. 

On 4/26/2019 at 9:07 AM, Silk said:

Resolution Problems:

Note: When at the log in screen after changing your setting hit apply then to close the window look for the tiny tiny red circle under the cancel button.

You can fix by using Alt+Enter switch from fullscreen to window.  If you still have problems you need to disable display scaling on the "launchers" which means on "Tequila or Island Rum". To do so you just right click the shortcut for either Tequila or Island Rum, click properties and choose the compatibility tab and make sure to check the box for "Disable display scaling for high dpi settings". Click apply and ok.

For windows 10 Start > PC settings > Display > Under "Scale and Layout," change the drop down option for "Change the size of text, apps, and other items" to the recommended setting (100% in my case).

You can do the above for all the .exe's if you're still having problems as someone mentioned they had to do this to homecoming.exe and not just on the tequila.exe.

Some 4k user had trouble and this helped them:

Fixed it. Had to set the DPI setting to application and NOT system!

Remember that the graphical settings are stored in your system registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cryptic\coh . You can run Regedit to access and modify the values if needed. See page 4 for more details on the regedit fix.

Simpler way to reset video settings to defaults: Start -> Find/Run -> REG DELETE HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cryptic\CoH

Some also report having to turn off vsync to get the image correct.

That's an older video card, no?  Drivers up to date and stuff?  (Just covering all the bases.)

4 hours ago, Korbian said:

That's an older video card, no?  Drivers up to date and stuff?  (Just covering all the bases.)

Yes, it's on the older side but I have all of the Drivers up to date. I also tried what you suggested and it's still the same. I can play games like Skyrim, Fallout, etc. no problem on Max graphics so it's strange why this isn't working. Thanks for the suggestions BTW.

A couple things to look into, if you haven't:

1) Run DXDiag.exe (pretty sure it still works on Win10) and go through the tabs to see if there are any issues mentioned;

2) If you followed the above, then this is pointless, but I've made some registry things you can "merge" to put the game into 1080p @60Hz.

Note: I've stripped all other game settings from the files so as not to mess with anything else you had set

1080p.reg for simply changing to 1080p @ 60Hz

1080p_FS.reg to put you into Full Screen with the same settings

*FIXED*

Edited by WanderingAries

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

The screen going blank like that though sounds like the game is somehow trying to output and some off the wall GPU setting. Comb through your GPU software drivers and see if there's something active that is possibly overriding what's in the registry. IE: my NVidia drivers allow me to pre-set GPU settings for when it detects the game launching. This could Easily get screwed up by an update of some kind.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 5:27 PM, _Vesp0id_ said:

Thank You! It works now! Strange thing is that it had your username already entered on the login screen. 🤔

Huh, that's REALLY weird as I intentionally stripped that away. o.O

*double checks*

Whoops, looks like the first one didn't get trimmed somehow. Yeah, you probably had your GFX maxed out too. >.<

And I had them backwards anyway. :p

Edited by WanderingAries