To hit debuffs and Elite Bosses?

Alegar

How much of to hit debuffs affect elite bosses?  I can apply about -15% to hit using Darkest Night and Rise to the Challenge, and I have Defenses at about 30%, so in theory, I would be soft-capped.  However, I have read that to hit debuffs are greatly resisted by more powerful mobs.  Is there a known amount?  Or does the amount resisted differ with different elite bosses?  I solo with AVs turned off, so elite bosses are usually the hardest I face.  (Although I did run into an Archvillian the other day while soloing Silver Mantis' Strike Force.)  I assume AVs would resist even more.

Thank you.

Archvillains resist debuffs including -ToHit by a large amount, and retain this resistance even when downgraded to Elite Bosses by your difficulty settings. However, normal Elite Bosses have no such universal debuff resistance (though it’s possible for individual examples of EB mobs to have some debuff resistance).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

AVs as AVs at level 50 have 85% resistance to all debuffs but -resistance and -damage (it starts lower, at 60%, and scales up).  That is one reason you see a lot of discussion in the defender forums about which sets can bring the most -resistance to AV fights.  I wasn't sure if they retain that 85% resistance as downgraded EBs, but I'll take Vanden's word for it.  

Note that mobs which are higher level than you also "resist" everything, including damage, a +4 mob resists about half of everything you do to it.  So a -30% tohit debuff becomes about -15%, the 100 damage hit you do to it becomes about 50, and so on.  That is one reason +4 mobs are very slow to take down without a fairly powerful team.  It is usually not even worth the effort to fight +5 mobs.  

Also, higher "rank" mobs like lieutenants and bosses have a built-in accuracy modifier, a boss has 34% bonus, so even if you floor them they hit you 6.4% of the time instead of 5%.  

• Thanks 1