Enhancement Converters

Mansome

Hi all,

I wanted to know what are the restrictions on using enhancement converts. I wanted to ask if I use them on an attuned enhancement can they have the possibility of being Purple IO's or ATO's or just the standard crafted set IOs? While this is somewhat risky considering the level ranges are gone with the standard crafted sets, the pool of possible enhancements is significantly larger, this could lead to some big payoffs with lucky rolls.

Purple IOs, ATOs and PvP IOs are all in their own 'sets'. So a purple IO will only ever convert into a purple IO, ATOs will only ever convert into other ATOs and PvP IOs will only ever convert into other PVP IOs.

However this also works the other way that you cannot convert INTO any of those types. So a rare Sirocco's dervish cannot be converted into an ATO/PvP IO and naturally, cannot convert into a Purple IO since the out of set conversions only convert to the same rarity.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Extor Prime said:

Wait, out of set conversion can bump up rarity, at least from uncommon to rare. That's pretty much the basis of modern marketeering...

Right, but Very Rare are their own separate category. As are PVP, ATO, and Winter Enhancements. And I couldn't say for sure without logging in, but I think Overwhelming Force is in a category all by itself.

• Thanks 1

If you liked what I had to say, please check out my City of Heroes guides!