MM pet slotting

StrikerFox

3 hours ago, Warlawk said:

I haven't sat down and looked at the math, is this slotting +tactics enough to keep the hit chances at 95% even for the T1s? I know the build up proc will help them a ton but I always worry about that hit chance.

EDIT: I stopped being lazy. Assuming level 54 target with incarnate alpha level shift there will be 5 levels difference between T1 pets and the target.

Based off the information here: https://cityofheroes.fandom.com/wiki/Attack_Mechanics

I assume pets follow the players vs critters table. Vs a +5 target they will have a base 30% chance to hit. Base tactics provides +7.5%, up to around 10% if slotted so lets call that 40% to hit. Accuracy of Thugs at 59.62, rounding to a 1.6 multiplier for 64% chance to hit... ouch. The enforcers have a small 3.75% defense debuff, so that will help a little but I'm not a fan of those hit chances. +5ing the expedient reinforcement boosts that just a touch bit still not over 70%.

Enforcers would sit around 73.5% hit chance

Bruiser clocks in right around 93% so he's good to go with a little def debuffing from the enforcers.

I was planning to run thugs with time so Farsight will push the T1s up to 76% which is... not ideal but acceptable I think with the build up proc but I would be pretty hesitant with a secondary set that didn't provide +hit.

I'm not good enough with mathhammer or theorycraft to argue procs vs accuracy but I know that good accuracy is absolutely key to consistent sustained dps

EDIT2: aaaaannnnnddddd all of that ignores the +10 tohit from Supremacy. I KNEW there was something I was forgetting but couldn't get a grip on what it was.

So base 7.5% tactics and supremacy puts T1 at 76% final accuracy. Much more reasonable!

Enforcers at 85% and Bruiser is capped.

Don't mind me, sometimes I just have to do shit the hard way to get it through my head.

Does this take into account Supremacy in Incarnate content?

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Inherent_Powers#Supremacy

"During Incarnate Trials and within Dark Astoria, Supremacy grants +2 Incarnate Shifts to Minion Henchmen and +1 Incarnate Shift to Lieutenant Henchmen which can be stacked with other Incarnate Abilities which grant Incarnate Shifts."

So in Incarnate content at least all pets should techically be equal level to you right?

Edited by Maxzero

7 hours ago, SmalltalkJava said:

I can’t remember but don’t some sets offer + accuracy for all skills?  If so would that affect the pets?   They would be slotted in other skills of course 

IO set bonuses do not affect pets. Only stat bonuses from the IO's slotted in specific pet.

Pets have it rougher early in incarnate content but gets a lot easier as they get level shifted. When the MM gets shifted to +3, T1 pets get shifted to +5, T2 to +4, and T3 to +3. All at +1 during normal 50 content. Also in a league theres usually buffs and debuffs piling up every few seconds.

@StrikerFox,

Hey brother, thanks for the work on this class. I want to say, I appreciate everything you are putting into it. And, everyone who is in discussions about this. I learned a ton, from this thread.

I am playing a Bots/Time MM, and I am at level 48 currently. I have begun to scrutinize all parts of my build, and plan for end game enhancements, and Incarnate choices. I already own most of the key proc and unique enhancements, and now I am working on various set bonuses.

I am trying to squeeze as much as I can out of my character, as it is my main, and my SG doesn't seem to put to much value on this AT. Even though I have proven very high DPS, survivability, and support to the team.

In regard to your choice of slotting your pets, might you have a suggestion for those of us without the 4th pet power options, in slotting? Bots doesn't get a Gang War type of power, which limits what I can put in my pets, and still get the unique's and proc enhancements.

Thank you for any suggestions you, or anyone else, might have.

CK969

1 hour ago, CK969 said:

In regard to your choice of slotting your pets, might you have a suggestion for those of us without the 4th pet power options, in slotting? Bots doesn't get a Gang War type of power, which limits what I can put in my pets, and still get the unique's and proc enhancements.

Really similar to the Thugs one, with the auras in Gang War jammed into Protector Bots.

Drones:

Expedient Reinforcements - Acc/Dam
Expedient Reinforcements - Resist Bonus Aura
Superior Mark of Supremacy - Acc/Dam
Overwhelming Force proc
Soulbound Allegiance proc
Superior Mark of Supremacy - End/Pet +Resist/Regen

Protector:

Sovereign Right - Acc/Dam
Superior Mark of Supremacy - Dam/End
Call to Arms - Defense Bonus Aura
Edict of the Master - Defense Bonus Aura
Superior Mark of Supremacy - Acc/Dam/End
Sovereign Right - Resist Bonus Aura/Luck of the Gambler 7.5%

Assault:

Superior Mark of Supremacy - Dam
Superior Command of the Mastermind - Dam/End
Endoplasm Exposure - Acc/Mez
Superior Mark of Supremacy - Acc/End
Explosive Strike/Sudden Acceleration proc/Sovereign Right - Resist Bonus Aura
Superior Command of the Mastermind - Rech/+AoE Defense Aura

Farsight 15%, Edict/CtA 10%, SCotMM 15% AoE, Maneuvers 4%, Protector 9% or 18%.

Drones/Assault def would be at +47% def and +62% def to AoE
Protectors def would be at +38% def and +53% def to AoE

This is only if Protector Bots cast their shields reliably. Add +5% to the totals if Farsight is Power Boosted. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later

Took a crack at fully slotting a Thugs version, keeping most of the aura uniques in the same place and adding a dusting of miscellaneous procs and actual stat buffs for things like Gang War. Probably a little excessive, but it shouldn't be unusuable.

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.3
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Hypothetical Thugs Build: Level 50 Magic Mastermind
Primary Power Set: Thugs
Secondary Power Set: Poison

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Call Thugs -- EdcoftheM-PetDef(A), SlbAll-Acc/Rchg(3), SlbAll-Build%(3), SprMarofS-Dmg/EndRdx(5), SprMarofS-Acc/EndRdx(5), SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(7)

Level 6: Equip Thugs -- Empty(A)

Level 12: Call Enforcer -- SprMarofS-Dmg(A), SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg(13), SprMarofS-EndRdx/+Resist/+Regen(13), ShlBrk-%Dam(15), AchHee-ResDeb%(15), TchofLadG-%Dam(17)

Level 18: Gang War -- CaltoArm-+Def(Pets)(A), ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(19), RechRdx-I(19), RechRdx-I(21), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(21), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(23)

Level 26: Call Bruiser -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A), SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg(27), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(27), SprCmmoft-Rchg/PetAoEDef(29), SvrRgh-PetResDam(29), ExpStr-Dam%(31)

Level 32: Upgrade Equipment -- Empty(A)

Edited by Ariamaki

On 8/2/2019 at 8:39 PM, Warlawk said:

I haven't sat down and looked at the math, is this slotting +tactics enough to keep the hit chances at 95% even for the T1s? I know the build up proc will help them a ton but I always worry about that hit chance.

EDIT: I stopped being lazy. Assuming level 54 target with incarnate alpha level shift there will be 5 levels difference between T1 pets and the target.

Based off the information here: https://cityofheroes.fandom.com/wiki/Attack_Mechanics

I assume pets follow the players vs critters table. Vs a +5 target they will have a base 30% chance to hit. Base tactics provides +7.5%, up to around 10% if slotted so lets call that 40% to hit. Accuracy of Thugs at 59.62, rounding to a 1.6 multiplier for 64% chance to hit... ouch. The enforcers have a small 3.75% defense debuff, so that will help a little but I'm not a fan of those hit chances. +5ing the expedient reinforcement boosts that just a touch bit still not over 70%.

Enforcers would sit around 73.5% hit chance

Bruiser clocks in right around 93% so he's good to go with a little def debuffing from the enforcers.

I was planning to run thugs with time so Farsight will push the T1s up to 76% which is... not ideal but acceptable I think with the build up proc but I would be pretty hesitant with a secondary set that didn't provide +hit.

I'm not good enough with mathhammer or theorycraft to argue procs vs accuracy but I know that good accuracy is absolutely key to consistent sustained dps

EDIT2: aaaaannnnnddddd all of that ignores the +10 tohit from Supremacy. I KNEW there was something I was forgetting but couldn't get a grip on what it was.

So base 7.5% tactics and supremacy puts T1 at 76% final accuracy. Much more reasonable!

Enforcers at 85% and Bruiser is capped.

Don't mind me, sometimes I just have to do shit the hard way to get it through my head.

Did you include the Enforcer's Tactics?

3 hours ago, StrikerFox said:

Did you include the Enforcer's Tactics?

And this is why I don't generally hit up the math side of things. I did not.

That should put T1 around 91% to hit, much better.

Numpad binds for Masterminds - A collection of Farming focused builds - MM /Time guide for all primaries

@Zen Warlawk on Indomitable, @Warlawk#1697 in discord.

Currently struggling with mostly recovered from health problems. Gaming time nonexistent inconsistent.