More uses for the temporary power bar

I get that some people's OCDs are set off by having a bar pop up that you didn't put there, but there are medications for that.  Let's brainstorm more things we could use the temp bar for!

If you are unsure of what I'm talking about: there is a conditional power tray that can appear. 

1. Most famously, Translocate appears here when Mystic Flight is active.
  2. Powers associated with new HEAT forms (from what I understand, I actually haven't played one in 12 years)
  3. Some zone location triggers, such as standing in Adamaster's area or in the Lighted/Shadowed paths in First/Night Ward.

Proposed things we could reuse this for!

• The move speed bonus attached to Speed Boost, instead of relying on Null the Gull.
  • Enable/disable the hover window after a Teleport
  • That's actually about all I've thought up so far

Any thoughts, particularly on the Speed Boost thing?  Ideal behavior would be to default to "select with bar" and Null the Gull is instead used to rotate between always-grant, never-grant, and select with bar.

Any other neat things you would like to see shifted to the temp bar?  

EDIT: I could imagine an entire "infusion"-based Support set (representing alchemists, tinkerers, potion-brewers, etc) that revolves around granting people powers that appear in the temp tray, but that sounds exhausting to even think about.

Edited by Replacement

You can macro teleport binds using the powexec_location command:

/macro Fwd powexec_location forward:max Translocation
/macro Cam powexec_location camera:max Translocation
/macro Up powexec_location up:max Translocation
/macro Bck powexec_location back:max Translocation

Being able to put these in the temporary power bar that pops up when you activate Mystic Flight so they're only visible when you have Mystic Flight (and therefore Translocation) active would be useful.

On 8/16/2019 at 12:20 PM, Replacement said:

EDIT: I could imagine an entire "infusion"-based Support set (representing alchemists, tinkerers, potion-brewers, etc) that revolves around granting people powers that appear in the temp tray, but that sounds exhausting to even think about.

That's an interesting concept. Sounds fun to team with, might be a little frustrating to play. 

On 8/16/2019 at 12:20 PM, Replacement said:

I could imagine an entire "infusion"-based Support set (representing alchemists, tinkerers, potion-brewers, etc) that revolves around granting people powers that appear in the temp tray, but that sounds exhausting to even think about.

Reminds me of the original Blackguard Class from Azeroth.

15 hours ago, srmalloy said:

You can macro teleport binds using the powexec_location command:

/macro Fwd powexec_location forward:max Translocation
/macro Cam powexec_location camera:max Translocation
/macro Up powexec_location up:max Translocation
/macro Bck powexec_location back:max Translocation

Being able to put these in the temporary power bar that pops up when you activate Mystic Flight so they're only visible when you have Mystic Flight (and therefore Translocation) active would be useful.

I just use

"/bind t powexec_name Mystic Flight"

and

"/bind LShift+LButton powexec_name Translocation"

Then I hold left shift with my pinky and click where I want to go with Translocation in the world. Boom. I'm there. I take Mystic Flight off my bars and have Null the Gull hide the Translocate bar.

I also use the second bind alone with Teleport. It's a whole lot faster than trying to click macro buttons!

Oh, I've got the mousebutton teleport bind already, and I've been binding Fly to 'y' since early May 2004 (my current default bind for 'y' toggles both Fly and Mystic Flight, since I never take both on one character, so it activates whichever one they have). I just see all those empty power slots when the Translocation temporary bar opens up, and think of how having predefined 'bug out' macros for Translocation on that bar would be useful, since they'd only be usable when the bar was open, and when you didn't have Mystic Flight active the bar disappears, taking the Translocation-specific macros with it, so they don't take up power tray space when you can't use them.

• Like 1