15 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the better Archetype Concept? Instigator v The Warlord

• Instigator
    • The Warlord
  2. 2. Which is the better Archetype Concept? Defiler v Assaulter

• Defiler
    • Assaulter

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/25/19 at 02:59 PM

Welcome to The Great Archetype Concept Battle. This is a set of polls wherein proposed Archetypes go head to head to determine community interest. The Polls will be open for approximately one week and the brackets will be updated weekly. The goal is to come up with a single proposed archetype concept that the whole community can rally behind.

Voting should be based, in principle, on Feasibility, Niche, & Interest.

Feasibility: 1 (difficult to balance, requires a large amount of set development, etc.) to 10 (could be in-game tomorrow)

Niche: 1 (is already addressed by another AT) to 10 (there is a hole in the game that this would fill)

Interest: 1 (I wouldn't play it) to 10 (I plan to make at least 20 alts in this AT)

Your Contestants!

Battle 1: Instigator v The Warlord

Instigator (19.05.27.09.36.28)

Assault/{Armor/Control}

Toggle (Stalwart, Striker, Support): Stalwart acts like Power Boost, Striker damage bonus, Support converts toggles to AoE and adds an AoE heal chance to attacks.

Instigators are less jack-of-all-trades than gapfills. They have the versatility to change roles as per what the team needs. They are what people who don't play Kheldians think Kheldians are.

The Warlord (19.07.10.13.07.18)

Pet/Melee

Elite Guard: Warlord pets have a taunt attached to their attacks. In addition, pets provide a defense and resistance buff to the Warlord. Warlord damage heals pets.

The Warlord leads the charge and motivates through example.

Battle 2: Defiler v Assaulter

Defiler (19.06.09.22.12.59)

Melee/{Support/Armor}

[placeholder]: A defensive bonus which decreases with teammates paired with a secondary effect bonus which increases with teammates.

Defilers are focused on debuffing enemies and buffing allies from the fray.

Assaulter (19.06.12.13.01.17.02)

Ranged/Pet

Group Distraction: Main aggro is diverted to pets.

Assaulters are glass cannons that bring their own mobile meat shields.

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

Instigator (19.05.27.09.36.28)

Feasibility: 5 - The secondary sets may take a while to fine-tune and I see balance issues as taking some time (the inherent seems inherently unbalancing).

Niche: 5 - It is a unique role, but the question is whether it would feel necessary

Interest: 4 - It would be fun to play with the powersets and see what I could make it do, but I do not see it as a mainstay.

The Warlord (19.07.10.13.07.18)

Feasibility: 6 - Easy to port sets, balance may have some issues as unbuffed pets may see them doing less damage than Masterminds.

Niche: 2 - Definitely competing with Masterminds, but likely to be more complained about because they don't buff.

Interest: 3 - I'd probably just stick with Masterminds.

Winner: Instigator

Defiler (19.06.09.22.12.59)

Feasibility: 5 - The secondary sets may take a while to fine-tune and I see balance issues as taking some time.

Niche: 6 - This is definitely in the DPS camp, but with a different approach to other DPSers out there.

Interest: 5 - I think this is the best frontline support proposal I've read through.

Assaulter (19.06.12.13.01.17.02)

Feasibility: 6 - Easy to port sets, balance may have some issues as unbuffed pets may see them doing less damage than Masterminds.

Niche: 2 - Definitely competing with Masterminds, but likely to be more complained about because they don't buff.

Interest: 3 - I'd probably just stick with Masterminds. Also, an assaulter without assault sets?

Winner: Defiler

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation