If you are having issues after 8/22 patch...

Korbian

Please note the very last line of the patch notes.

46 minutes ago, Leandro said:

Note: Antivirus software will probably freak out when the new client executable is downloaded; make sure you add it to your whitelist if you get an "access denied" or "file not found" error when trying to start the Homecoming client.

This has been a public service announcement brought to you by friendly neighborhood lightbearer, Korbian. 😜

im on windows, have different issue, i get to put in my password, i get past the click on accept screen, then i see my server, but when i click on it..........Wrong game version, run patcher and reconnect.

so thats what im trying find. not trying to be ignorant, just cant find the downloaded patch.

Ok not sure why my win 10 system keeps freezing while trying to load the game. I've allowed Homecoming.exe on Norton from the last several updates and as far as I can tell Norton isn't blocking anything this round.  I have the new tequila screen 1.0.0.20  but as soon as the game starts to launch before I can even get to the log in screen the mouse disappears and the computer freezes. 

Ended up shitelisting both cityofhereos and homecoming exe files in Norton. now able to load the 64 bit version

Edited by missingvolume
fixed issue

Wanted to try the 64 bit.  I open it through tequila and log in...even choose my character.  Then about a third of the way through loading it lags out and after a few minutes returns me to the log in screen...rinse repeat.  Win10 and only other program running is notepad to edit bindfile on the fly.  Any ideas or should I just go back to safe mode?

Edit:  lowered graphics didn't help....same thing happened trying to load regular Homecoming, Tequila downloads every time I open it even 10 minutes apart....going back to safe mode and hope someone can help me fix this.

Edited by EmmySky

1 hour ago, Umphrey37 said:

This hasn't let me play since August 22nd.  Drivers are up to date.  I play on an Acer Aspire U27-880 bought last summer.  Any ideas?

That is the Intel integrated graphics error.  There's a fix that works for some people but it's complicated, to me, at least.  Check out this thread for info: https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/186-install-and-troubleshooting-guide-v2/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EmmySky said:

My video card is AMD Radeon R7 M260......it isn't listed in the 'requirements' so I'm wondering if thats why I can only enter safe-mode and not 32 or 64 bit?  (yes driver is updated)

I can't figure out your issue but I think I saw someone else having it somewhere.  (So many boards!!! I don't even know anymore!!!! lol)

If I see anything come up I'll pass it along.

Ok update:  on windows device manager it told me my graphics driver was up to date!  It lied!  I had to go to Radeon to manually update the driver and it works now!  Minor lag occasionally but its all good all the time.  If anyone has windows telling you the graphics driver is up to date do not believe it.  Go to manufacturers website to check.  Good luck!

• Like 2