Returning player looking for a Mind/Psi build

Vaethos

Just started playing CoH again a few weeks ago...have messed around with several of the Archetypes and I feel myself loving the Dominator most so far.

I currently have an Electric/Earth I'm leveling....but would like to give another power set a try b4 pouring more time into my current Dom.

I'd like to try a Mind/Psi build but, I'm very rusty on building powersets in the game.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Keep in mind that this is not my build and I don't remember where I got it from. If it is your, leave a comment and I'll give you credit.

Hero Plan by Mids' Hero Designer 1.962
http://www.cohplanner.com/

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Dominator
Primary Power Set: Mind Control
Secondary Power Set: Psionic Assault
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Psionic Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Mesmerize -- IndCom-Acc/Sleep/Rchg(A)
Level 1: Psionic Dart -- VllFir-Dmg/Rchg(A), VllFir-Dmg/EndRdx(3), VllFir-Acc/Dmg(3)
Level 2: Levitate -- Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5)
Level 4: Dominate -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(5), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(7), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(7), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(46)
Level 6: Confuse -- MlsIll-Acc/Rchg(A), MlsIll-EndRdx/Conf(9), MlsIll-Acc/EndRdx(9), MlsIll-Conf/Rng(46), MlsIll-Acc/Conf/Rchg(46)
Level 8: Mass Hypnosis -- CaloftheS-Acc/Sleep/Rchg(A)
Level 10: Mental Blast -- Dcm-Acc/Dmg(A), Dcm-Dmg/EndRdx(13), Dcm-Dmg/Rchg(13), Dcm-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(19)
Level 12: Fly -- Frb-Stlth(A)
Level 14: Hover -- Ksm-ToHit+(A), Ksm-Def/EndRdx(15)
Level 16: Psychic Scream -- Rgn-Acc/Rchg(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(17), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(17), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(43), Rgn-Knock%(43)
Level 18: Total Domination -- UnbCns-Dam%(A), UnbCns-Hold/Rchg(21), UnbCns-Acc/Hold/Rchg(21), UnbCns-Acc/Rchg(23), UnbCns-Hold(31), UnbCns-EndRdx/Hold(31)
Level 20: Drain Psyche -- ThfofEss-Heal(A), ThfofEss-Acc/EndRdx/Heal(25), ThfofEss-+End%(25), PrfShf-End%(31)
Level 22: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(23), RechRdx-I(50)
Level 24: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(27), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(27)
Level 26: Terrify -- AscoftheD-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), AscoftheD-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(33), AscoftheD-EndRdx/Rchg(33), AscoftheD-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(33), AscoftheD-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(34)
Level 28: Tactics -- RctRtc-Pcptn(A), AdjTrg-ToHit(29), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx(29), AdjTrg-ToHit/Rchg(34)
Level 30: Subdue -- GrvAnc-Immob/EndRdx(A), GrvAnc-Immob(34), GrvAnc-Immob/Rchg(36), GrvAnc-Acc/Immob/Rchg(36), GrvAnc-Acc/Rchg(36)
Level 32: Mass Confusion -- CrcPrs-Conf/EndRdx(A), CrcPrs-Conf(37), CrcPrs-Conf%(37), CrcPrs-Conf/Rchg(37), CrcPrs-Acc/Conf/Rchg(42), CrcPrs-Acc/Rchg(43)
Level 35: Psionic Lance -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(39), Apc-Acc/Rchg(39), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(48)
Level 38: Psychic Shockwave -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(40), Arm-Dmg(40), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(40), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Arm-Acc/Rchg(42)
Level 41: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 44: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(45), StdPrt-ResDam/EndRdx(45)
Level 47: Weave -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(48), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(48)
Level 49: Link Minds -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(50), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(50)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Domination 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- RgnTss-Regen+(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(15), Pnc-Heal/+End(19), Mrc-Rcvry+(45)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(11), EffAdp-EndMod(11)
------------

• 2 weeks later

No.

Sorry, it's just for me. I'm the only Mind/Psi Dominator

But I will give a quick critique of this build

Too many powers with limited utility.

Missing multiple of the best powers

Endo recovery is low

Resists are waaaay low

It's not even perma hasten with hasten on

Damage is low on every attack

The number of slots and what's slotted are wonky...some are overslotted and some are underslotted in a big way, with bad enhancement choices/

For starters.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 3

Here's my build for this, it softcaps Smashing, Lethal, and Ranged damage, and near-perma Drain Psyche along with max health easily with just one accolade, and it receives VERY good AOE damage and high single target (though you may have to use Psi Dart/Mesmerize to fill your attack chain in, that's the only "lacking" part here I couldn't really make better because the build was tight.)

I went into Ice Mastery because of the huge amount of Smashing/Lethal defense (the most common damage form) and Sleet to really help with -res which is a huge pain for psi damage, and further, you get another decent AOE in Ice Storm which contains also a soft control knockdown effect. Further, you get Hoarfrost which improves your health pool, gives you a very needed heal, and improves the bonuses on Drain Psyche substantially.

You can use Psychic Shockwave (which also applies a -res FotG) and then follow up with Psychic Scream, further, all your AOE controls except for Total Domination and Mass Hypnosis (for obvious reasons) would have damage procs on them, so again, your AOE with this build would absolutely not be lacking.

The single target is also very strong, you have Dominate, Psionic Lance, and Mind Probe (and sometimes Psi Dart/Mesmerize.) You should also aim to utilize Sleet in this because of its -res which again, is incredibly valuable for a number of high-resistance psi enemy groups.

At 5 enemies with Drain Psyche (this is what I think is "standard") you'll have regen over 70 HP+, at full strength, you're completely at the regen cap.

You may encounter resistance issues but you have lots of defense and regen to mitigate that.

You get access to five types of AOE CC - Mass Confusion, Total Domination, Terrify, and Mass Hypnosis, and the ever-lovely Psychic Shockwave stun.

You also get access to three types of ST CC - Confuse, Dominate, and Mesmerize

Dominate is being used as a damage power proc monkey, and it's recharge is so low and given that because you're a dominator it will always be a magnitude 6 (will go through boss-level) permanently, you can easily stack two of these for more control if needed despite how the duration isn't very long. Although, your AOE hold should hold anything Boss and under immediately.

For incarnates, Agility as Alpha Core is required, Degen Core is recommended as an interface, Lore is your choice (my personal favorite is Longbow), Destiny is your choice (recommend Rebirth for the heal, Barrier could be nice as an "oh shit" moment, Clarion would probably work best though overall), Hybrid I highly recommend Assault Core, Judgement is debatable but as a default I love Ion.

-- Side note: DO NOT take the powers in the way that is shown here, it is not even possible to, I just moved them around for slotting purposes to make it easier and not go back and forth with slotting. Please make sure you take the powers in a decent order for any exemping down.

Villain Plan by Hero Villain Designer 2.23
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Mutation Dominator
Primary Power Set: Mind Control
Secondary Power Set: Psionic Assault
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Leaping
Ancillary Pool: Ice Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Mesmerize -- Sleep-I(A)
Level 1: Psionic Dart -- Dmg-I(A)
Level 2: Dominate -- UnbCns-Dam%(A), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(3), Apc-Dam%(3), NrnSht-Dam%(9), GldJvl-Dam%(9), HO:Nucle(11)
Level 4: Mind Probe -- SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(5), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(5), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(7), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7)
Level 6: Confuse -- CrcPrs-Conf%(A), CrcPrs-Conf(13), CrcPrs-Conf/EndRdx(13), CrcPrs-Conf/Rchg(15), CrcPrs-Acc/Conf/Rchg(15), CrcPrs-Acc/Rchg(17)
Level 8: Mass Hypnosis -- Sleep-I(A)
Level 10: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(11)
Level 12: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 14: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A)
Level 16: Psychic Scream -- Rgn-Knock%(A), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(17), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(46), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(46)
Level 18: Total Domination -- Lck-%Hold(A), Lck-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(19), Lck-Acc/Hold(19), Lck-Acc/Rchg(29), Lck-Rchg/Hold(29), Lck-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(31)
Level 20: Drain Psyche -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), NmnCnv-Heal(21), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(21), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(23), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(23), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(25)
Level 22: Weave -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(25), ShlWal-Def(27), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(27), Rct-ResDam%(50)
Level 24: Super Speed -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 26: Terrify -- SprAscoft-Rchg/+Dmg%(A), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(31), SprAscoft-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(33), SprAscoft-EndRdx/Rchg(33), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(33)
Level 28: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(43), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(45)
Level 30: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A)
Level 32: Mass Confusion -- MlsIll-Dam%(A), MlsIll-Acc/Rchg(34), MlsIll-EndRdx/Conf(34), MlsIll-Acc/EndRdx(34), MlsIll-Conf/Rng(37), MlsIll-Acc/Conf/Rchg(40)
Level 35: Psionic Lance -- StnoftheM-Dam%(A), StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(36), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(36), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(36), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), Dcm-Build%(37)
Level 38: Psychic Shockwave -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(39), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(39), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Arm-Acc/Rchg(40), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(40)
Level 41: Hoarfrost -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(42), Prv-Heal(42), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(42), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(43), Prv-Heal/Rchg(43)
Level 44: Frozen Armor -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(45), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(45), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(50)
Level 47: Ice Storm -- OvrFrc-Dam/KB(A), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg(48), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End/Rech(48), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End(48), OvrFrc-Dmg/End/Rech(50)
Level 49: Sleet -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Domination 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 50: Agility Radial Paragon 
Level 50: Clarion Radial Epiphany 
Level 50: Degenerative Core Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Longbow Radial Superior Ally 
Level 50: Assault Core Embodiment