Medicine pool for a Fire Tanker?

Sailboat

Given that much of the survivability of a Fiery Aura Tanker  comes from timing Healing Flames (once you're slotted up, at least), would it be worthwhile to invest in the new Medicine Pool synergies to develop a secondary self-heal for times HF is on cooldown?  Or is the opportunity cost too high?

I can't image a set so bad it needs two heals. Usually if a self heal is added in, it is due to not having a heal at all. If you need more than Healing Flames, use some inspirs.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

I would tend to think no. Back in the olden days, Aid Self was only really used on defense based sets because of the interrupt. Now you can use the Field Medic to eliminate that, but I'm not sure if it's only while Field Medic is active. If so, then you've still got down time where you will attempt to use Aid Self, and fail because all of their hits are landing since you've got a resistance based set.

Also I think there's enough heal based IOs, and regen, to make it not a very useful pick in the first place. Do you have Healing Flames slotted as well as you can for healing?

I would offer the following possible solutions for survivability on the somewhat fragile Fire Tank:

* Take the Fighting Pool for Tough & Weave.

* Embrace your Inner Fire Tank & Resurrect yourself on defeat with Rise of the Phoenix.

* Look for IO's that offer +heal on power use.

There is nothing wrong per se with taking Aid Self, if it fits your RP / character design / and you want to duck around a corner to use it.

Edited by Tath99