Who says you can't get in shape playing video games!

TedEBear

Hi everyone,

Started playing CoH again after almost 15 years!  It's fantastic, totally impressed and thankful the team here revived it.

During WoW raiding days, I setup the treadmill and a projector so I could raid while walking.  Worked really well.  I decided to try that with CoH and so far, the pounds are coming off!  

Thought I would share the health impact the game is having.  

20190825_065118.jpg

• Like 4

I think that's fantastic! 

When I started playing this game way back when, movement for me had basically stopped. When the game shut down, I started walking and moving around and the weight came off. 

Now, I refuse to sit on my keester for hours on end, having learned the body was designed for movement. For every hour I play, there's 1k of rowing to look forward to the next day, above my standard 8k. 

I just wonder ...during the more intense parts of the game...do you find yourself walking faster? 

Brilliant.

I used to do the same thing, and found that I preferred to play masterminds when doing it, since it was easier to control pets than constantly swap targets for controlling. I also added ankle weights... heh, let me tell you, doing the old Positron TF on the treadmill LITERALLY is a contest of endurance 😉

I do suggest that you add another clip or something to clip the shelf onto the other clips or the treadmill... I found that in more intense fights, I might lean one way or hte other and risk tipping the shelf I made, until I attached it more securely.

14 minutes ago, Coyote said:

Brilliant.

I used to do the same thing, and found that I preferred to play masterminds when doing it, since it was easier to control pets than constantly swap targets for controlling. I also added ankle weights... heh, let me tell you, doing the old Positron TF on the treadmill LITERALLY is a contest of endurance 😉

I do suggest that you add another clip or something to clip the shelf onto the other clips or the treadmill... I found that in more intense fights, I might lean one way or hte other and risk tipping the shelf I made, until I attached it more securely.

This is great and hilarious because I have been on groups, took a bad step during intense fights, had to scramble to get back on and balanced and the group is like "hey, are you drinking over there or what?"  

1 hour ago, Ukase said:

I think that's fantastic! 

When I started playing this game way back when, movement for me had basically stopped. When the game shut down, I started walking and moving around and the weight came off. 

Now, I refuse to sit on my keester for hours on end, having learned the body was designed for movement. For every hour I play, there's 1k of rowing to look forward to the next day, above my standard 8k. 

I just wonder ...during the more intense parts of the game...do you find yourself walking faster? 

That's why I did it.  I love this game like so many others and wanted to mix it with some exercise.  

1 hour ago, EggKookoo said:

That's awesome!

Thanks, it's actually really fun and the time goes by like nothing.  It's amazing that an hour, 2 hours will pass and I totally forget and am huffing and pufffing a little when I turn up the incline and speed.