AOE Dom help

xR_Squaredx

I got my mind/psi Dom to 50 a couple weeks ago and am a little disappointed. It doesn't really feel like it does anything particularly well (could be my build or my perception).

I am wondering, what is your favorite pri/sec for an AOE Dom?

It can be weak in the damage department, I just want something stronger at locking mobs down for my team to destroy. 

Do you mean AOE control, or AOE damage?  Psi is pretty strong for aoe damage, but the lack of soft controls (immob, slow) in mind can make it hard to keep everything in your cone & pbaoe.

Playing plant can definitely spoil you, it's pretty beastly.

Mind control is best (IMH)O either solo, or in a group who understands how to play with a mind controller (in the sense that a group doesn't have to do much different to play with the other primaries, but to take advantage of mind/ you have to understand how to play around Sleep & TK) - and neither of those might match your playstyle.  

I only play a Mind/Psi Dominator here....and wow, doesn't do anything particularly well?!  It locks down everything, no problem, and does everything well except aoe but that's not needed*...nor pets.

-Number-Six (Torchbearer) Solo'er of all SFs and Trials
                                            Carrier of Teams 

Locker-down and Destroyer of Everything {_____O_o_____}

/mumble Doesn't do anything particularly well. Hah!

*fast enough you can simulate AOE lock down/damage by playing well

**I don't use TK, though Mesmerize has some interesting applications which I see little used by others.

Side-note I've teamed with a couple Thorny types who seriously impressed me (a tough feat for another Dom hehe) with their AOE. So go for something like that as was suggested above

P.S. Thank you for writing Mind/Psi and not Mind/Psy