The most beautiful piece of accidental NPC behavior...!

Flashtoo

I witnessed something amazing tonight. The setting:  Roy Cooling's arc, top of Sky Raider seabase. A series of events takes place:

1. Captain Castillo, the last enemy left (as usual) in the immediate area when his HP is taken down far enough to trigger the script, begins monologuing.

2. In order to prevent his face being beaten in while he says his lines about how things could be much more dramatic right about now, he switches from enemy con to ally con.

3. Castillo wonders aloud how things could be made more exciting, as normal.

4. The Porter that had fled the scene sometime earlier on account of low HP blinks back in.

5. Castillo, who now cons as an ally, flies up to the porter and DECKS him.

6. Castillo continues his monologue, and sets everything on fire.

...For almost any other villain I can think of this would be merely an amusing quirk of the AI, but honestly, for Castillo? 100% in character. "GET OUT OF MY SPOTLIGHT, IDIOT -- Okay anyway..."

Edited by Flashtoo
  • Like 5
  • Haha 7

Character portrait artist for hire, PM for details!

Commissions: Closed, Sorry

Yes, I've seen that. I figured he just conned blue so you can't attack him while he's monologuing. Never had him attack his own troops though.

Edit: Just finished that story arc with an alt. Captain Castillo goes about his monologue (no one for him to kill, since everyone else is dead). We tangle, he dies. Heavy comes out. A "ghost" of Castillo helps me defeat the Heavy. No toon, just a blue reticle that manifests into a gun every now and then. It follows me around and takes shots at the heavy. I was too busy fighting the Heavy that I couldn't tell what damage, buff or debuff it was giving, but it helped non the less.

I suppose Castillo isn't all that bad. 😃

Edited by Six Six
  • Like 2

... Again, fully in character - a posthumous heel-face turn is A+ drama! 

And yeah having him con blue is obviously just so he can monologue in peace, and attacking the other guys wouldn't have been intentional, but it just works so perfectly in context!

• Like 2

Character portrait artist for hire, PM for details!

Commissions: Closed, Sorry