Sudden Acceleration Proc and Knockback Enhancement

Theronos

Does anyone know what effect, if any, knockback enhancement has on a power, like Bonfire for instance, when you have the Knockback to Knockdown proc slotted?  Let's say I six-slotted Bonfire with the full Sudden Acceleration set (not likely, but let's just say).  Would it increase the chance or duration of the knockdown or would I just be wasting slots (aside from the set bonuses)?  

35 minutes ago, Theronos said:

Does anyone know what effect, if any, knockback enhancement has on a power, like Bonfire for instance, when you have the Knockback to Knockdown proc slotted?  Let's say I six-slotted Bonfire with the full Sudden Acceleration set (not likely, but let's just say).  Would it increase the chance or duration of the knockdown or would I just be wasting slots (aside from the set bonuses)?  

Knockback enhancements increase the magnitude of knockback not the chance.

The Sudden Acceleration Knockback to Knockdown IO decreases magnitude by like 1000% in order to avoid Knockback altogether, it is also not a "Proc"

AFAIK for powers that already have a chance of knockback the only way to increase that chance is to add a straight up chance for knockback proc like the one in the TAOE Purple set.

7 hours ago, Theronos said:

Yes, I tested this with a fire blaster on closed beta using the universal damage IO set: Overwhelming Force.  The IO that converts KB to KD works great in Bonfire.  Rather than knocking them back, cast your Bonfire on a mob and watch them bounce helplessly, unable to act, taking damage.  I don't have personal experience with the Sudden Acceleration set.

I've used the Overwhelming Force KB-KD IO in Bonfire ever since the set went live.  It makes Bonfire a fantastic control/damage power instead of the PITA and limited utility power it had been... I'd never have it on a character without a KB-KD IO.

As far as I know the KB-KD IO in Sudden Acceleration works the same as the Overwhelming Force with the benefit that it's not Unique.  I'd assume slotting the set would work the same, with the KB-KD IO negating the +KB enhancement from the rest of the set... which does seem counterproductive. 

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

I've used both Sudden Acceleration and Overwhelming Force procs. My f/k controller has OF slotted on Bonfire, while my pain/psi defender has SA slotted on Psychic Tornado.

In both cases the more knockback you have then the longer the duration of knockdown, rise up, knockdown again you get. In both cases the AoE knockdown repeatedly lasts so long that I can recast it before the prior one even ends by quite a long time frame.

So in answer to your question, and despite the initial comment response by Frostbiter, it basically turns your move into a perma lockdown power as well as doing continuous damage to all enemies in that area effect.

This is a Very Good Thing.

You can friend add me at the global handle Sweet Torment

I created Indomitable's Community Teleport Hub usage: /macro TP enterbasefrompasscode TOUR-5307

All 50+3 unless otherwise specified:

Indomitable: Sweet Torment, Firesoul, Rikti Relocators Inc

Excelsior: Silent as a Lamb, Spinner of Lives, Project ReNew, Mire Monstrosity, Mad Madam Maud (48), Tiki Tour Guide (50+0)

You know what they say about the internet. The easiest way to get a right answer is to post the wrong one. It even has a name; Cunningham's Law.

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper