Stalker slotting.

thegee

I have a general question about slotting. I always slot for sets to get defense where it needs to be but i haven't slotting for chance to proc before at this level. For example, Is it better to slot for 5 change of damage and 1 Acc. into AS or slot it with a set bonus? Ive seen both.

Just slot a set to try and max damage (before ED cap) and recharge, if it's an important attack. slot End reduction and accuracy as needed. ed cap for damage is usually around 90% bonus, defenses and resistances around 45%.

An interesting point is that the 'very rare' sets usually have to% global recharge bonus at 5 enhancements from the set, and the 6th set bonus is psionic/toxic resistance... because psi/toxic is so rare, many people skip the 6th very rare enhancement (damage. all the others in the set are good, but the damage enhancement blows WAY past the ED cap and thus is mostly useless) and either don't 6 slot the power, or slot in a useful proc like change for recharge bonus or chance for damage.

Some sets have their best bonuses for your needs at 3, 4, or 5 slots rather than 6 slots. Some, like luck of the gambler defense/global recharge 7.5% or sudden acceleration knockback to knockdown,  don't tend to give very good set bonuses, but have an outstanding proc.

In general, just learn about ED caps for your slotting, and know what you want out of your build... or ask for specific help. general 'what kind of build should I make?" questions don't help. generalists, Street Boss Farmers, ouro stealthers, PVP monkeys, and MSR Raiders all have somewhat different builds... Figure out what you want, then build towards it.

On 9/5/2019 at 12:05 PM, Frostweaver said:

yellow means that you are in the 'nerf zone' where ED starts to reduce the effect of the enhancement. Red means you are at ED cap, where the bonus is dropped to like 1% or some ridiculously low number like that.

Well, 15%, instead of 1%, but yes, a very low number.  Enhancement Diversification reaches this reduction level at +100% enhancement on Schedule A - Acc, Dmg, End Mod, End Red, Healing, Mezzes, Recharge, most Movement, & Taunt.  ED reaches this level at +60% on Schedule B - DEF, RES, Range, To Hit Buff, & To Hit Debuff.

Keep Redside - & Goldside - Alive!

On 9/16/2019 at 12:13 AM, Shoulung said:

So, does that mean you only get 15% of the enhancement, or your total bonus drops down to 15%; as I’m at 100% damage bonus, then I slot another damage enhancement and now I’m at 15% damage bonus.

You get 15% of the pre-ED enhancement bonus for the additional enhancement added.  For example, an even level Damage enhancement grants +33.33% before ED.  If you are at +100% pre-ED enhancement bonus already, adding another Damage enhancement on top of that only adds +5.00% enhancement value (15% of +33.33%).  Since +100% pre-ED enhancement bonus is reduced to +95% by ED, adding another damage enhancement at that point only increases the post-ED enhancement bonus to +100% from +95%.

Considering that basically any damage proc can do better than that, using that additional slot for a damage enhancement is a poor decision.  Alternatively that slot can be used to enhance a different aspect of the power (Accuracy, Recharge, Endurance Reduction) that would likely prove more useful.  Or that slot could be used in a different power to greater effect.  But beating your head against the ED wall is a losing proposition.

Edited by Mister Mass

Keep Redside - & Goldside - Alive!