Force of will pool?

Rebel231

I had wanted to check out some new power sets which were made available on another server and saw they had an ancillary pool called force of will. It had some really cool powers etc and I was wondering if that was a pool they created for themselves or is it in the code? If it's in the code will we be getting it on HC? Thank you

Force of Will, Gadgetry, Experimentation, and Utility Belt all exist in the code as power pools with values for each of their powers... But no Animations.

Right now you just stand there, gormlessly, while the power activates. Often rooting you to the spot while nothing happens and then suddenly someone gets buffed, debuffed, controlled, or hit.

Unfortunately, the current Dev team is not made up primarily of artists and animators, so those sets are backburnered until the NCSoft talks finish and an art team can be acquired.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

7 minutes ago, Steampunkette said:

Force of Will, Gadgetry, Experimentation, and Utility Belt all exist in the code as power pools with values for each of their powers... But no Animations.

Right now you just stand there, gormlessly, while the power activates. Often rooting you to the spot while nothing happens and then suddenly someone gets buffed, debuffed, controlled, or hit.

Unfortunately, the current Dev team is not made up primarily of artists and animators, so those sets are backburnered until the NCSoft talks finish and an art team can be acquired.

That is the most concise and clear explanation I have read about the other pools.  Thank you.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Steampunkette said:

I still hope we get to see those pools especially force of will someday even if it's just reused animations.

A couple of those pools, I really really REALLY want.

Fingers crossed, right?  🙂

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

3 minutes ago, PaxArcana said:

A couple of those pools, I really really REALLY want.

Fingers crossed, right?  🙂

I am hoping for it as well.  The Force of WIll pool would be MUCH more thematic to my natural characters.  I'd say 40% my characters are Natural, 40% Magic, and 20% a mixture of Mutant, Science, and Technology.

i would actually prefer if the pools were completed using existing animations, same as the rad sets for example. plenty plenty plenty of existing powers we never see, especially from random npc groups, that would probably fit with the pools. the ncsoft talks arent guaranteed to have positive results. and new art isnt guaranteed ontop of that.

i say take advantage of existing assets., then optimization can happen later, if ever.

• Like 2