Missing Character

subbacultchas

So I came across an issue last night where one of my characters got deleted. I'm not concerned about getting it back, even if it were possible, since it was only level 15 or so and like three days old. But I did want to bring it up somewhere, in case it happens to someone else.

I'd made three characters, the Gorgon sisters, with the names Sister Gorgon, Sister Stheno, and Sister Euryale. They were in order on my character select screen. I decided to delete Sister Stheno so I could remake her and reuse the name. As normal, the prompt came up to type in the character name to delete it and I did so. Soon as I did, both Stheno and Euryale were gone, and I'm not really sure how or why. I thought maybe I'd clicked something wrong, but it should have prompted to type in Sister Euryale to delete that character as well.

It was pretty late so I didn't spend more than a few minutes trying to figure it out, so maybe when I log later tonight I'll find the character. If not, I already had a Sister-Euryale in the wings in case I didn't like the one I'd made.

• Retired Game Master

"Missing" characters is almost always caused by the client borking its record of your characters locally. This can usually be solved by moving other characters into the slots the character(s) were in, or closing the game and deleting your COH\accountname\playerslots.txt file. Note that the latter option will undo any reordering and restore your character list on all servers to their defaults.