Tequilla crashing automaticallt

GalenaWainwright

Try revalidating the files in the Tequila options.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

• 2 weeks later

First thing I'd check is if your Anti-Virus is blocking the opening of Tequila.  Check your AV program to see if it catches Tequila.exe as a 'false positive'.

(Since there's 100's of AV apps out there... 1,000 counting the less-than-reputable ones, we don't have specific instructions.  Someone using the same AV can chime in if you need step-by-step assistance.)

Inactive account.  For current info, see GM_Tock.

21 hours ago, VegasVampire said:

How do you revalidate the file? It doesn't let me do that when I open tequila.exe.

Options -> Revalidate

Oh wait, you're saying it's crashing Tequila when IT opens, not the game. Yeah, let us know what your AV is.

Edited by WanderingAries

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

On 9/8/2019 at 11:34 AM, GalenaWainwright said:

I updated my computer recently and now everytime I load Tequilla, it immediately crashes and I cant do anything about it..i really loved playing but now I cant anymore

anyway to solve this issue

The same thing is now happening to me. I have Kaspersky AV, but have Tequila and City of Heroes.exe both whitelisted in its applications list.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later

Similar happens to me i got tequila all the city of heroes and homecoming exes whitelisted  but tequila freezes on startup wont let me hit options or anything  it downloaded all the files i can run paragon chat (cause it has a different patcher)  but i cant run homecoming. when my hubby runs it in exact same directory  also windows  10 same virus scan   he gets the full homecoming logo even before it downloads anything

I just  get this  window. ive followed as much of silks advice as I can.

teqbugged.png

Edited by Tesserose

• 2 weeks later
On 10/4/2019 at 6:26 PM, Tesserose said:

Similar happens to me i got tequila all the city of heroes and homecoming exes whitelisted  but tequila freezes on startup wont let me hit options or anything  it downloaded all the files i can run paragon chat (cause it has a different patcher)  but i cant run homecoming. when my hubby runs it in exact same directory  also windows  10 same virus scan   he gets the full homecoming logo even before it downloads anything

I just  get this  window. ive followed as much of silks advice as I can.

teqbugged.png

Today I started having the same issue.  Do you ever get a solution?

21 hours ago, VegasVampire said:

Avast Premium Security.

Use this to make your exceptions:

https://www.getavast.net/support/managing-exceptions

I have the whole City of Heroes / Tequila folder in the whitelist, that way if something changes, then the whole folder Should be ignored. So for me that would be the location: c:\Games\COX\

From the Sticky for installation and troubleshooting:

For crashing problems, including crashing on start up, you can also try deleting the tequila.xml and the tequilalog.xml as this has helped some users according to reports.

It's happened yet again.

I click the Tequila.exe icon, it starts to load up, then disappears before I can try to validate. Anyone know of anything to be done about this? Deleting and reloading Tequila is a pain in the butt.

:(

On 10/14/2019 at 5:37 PM, Tolk63 said:

I am having Tequila issues as well. I click it to open it, you can watch the green bar start to go from left to right, and then it just disappears. I can't click into the validation option as it closes to fast to get there.

This just started happening to me too.  I didn't log on yesterday at all, but prior to that I had been playing every day without issue.  Was there any update to the server at all? 

Just checked the Tequila activity log.....

[10/23/2019 5:03:05 PM]    Loading application.
[10/23/2019 5:03:05 PM]    Load application complete.
[10/23/2019 5:03:05 PM]    Started patching
[10/23/2019 5:03:05 PM]    Attempting to download Manifest file "http://patch.savecoh.com/manifest.xml"
[10/23/2019 5:03:06 PM]    Manifest downloaded successfully, starting to process it.
[10/23/2019 5:03:06 PM]    Starting self-patch process.
[10/23/2019 5:03:06 PM]    Self patching process complete.
[10/23/2019 5:03:06 PM]    Loading Web Browser URL to: "https://patch.savecoh.com/homecoming.html"
[10/23/2019 5:03:06 PM]    Downloading file "C:\Games\hc-bin32\cityofheroes.exe" from "http://nsa.tools/hc/20191001/hc-bin32/cityofheroes.exe"

I did a quick scan of the log from the last month of play and didn't notice that last line anywhere but just now when I started having problems.  Is this a valid location to be checking for downloads?

Everything else looks exactly the same as every other time I've run Tequila to open the game.

Any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later