The CoH/CoV Technical Reference Guide

Shenanigunner

I know, there's a lot of guides out there, but they tend to be spread out over multiple web sites and wiki pages, and updating to Post-Live has been a little haphazard.

Which is why the guide I wrote back in the Live days has been fully updated and expanded into the City of Heroes/City of Villains Technical Reference Guide. 79 pages on binds, macros, emotes, slash commands, window controls, UI configuration and more... all thoroughly checked and updated, and most of all, actually explained.

You can get it

here.

Feedback welcome!

• Like 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

This guide has been very helpful as I work out a fairly extensive PnP keybinding setup.

But I do have 1 correction so far, for /macroslot slotnum macroname command_string

Slotnum is listed as taking an argument [0-9], but it actually takes [0-89]. If you use 10, the macro goes to the 1st slot on the 2nd tray, all the way up to 89 placing it in tray 9, slot 10.

It would also be helpful to note that executing the command will overwrite whatever is currently in the assigned slot.

• Like 1

Heh, I just read this "elsewhere" and was trying to decide how to share it. :p  It's giving some ideas already for things that "should" exist, but I need to test now.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)