Ice powers

Silvanthis

5 hours ago, Silvanthis said:

Yellow- Yellow snow, you know you'd want to.

I believe this was specifically why they didn't allow that as an option before. Personally, I say leave it to the players to report someone making anything offensive out of their color choices and open up ice power customization. Currently the colors for ice powers are incredibly boring and drab. Yuck. 

• Like 1

PQAzhGk.png Make Energy Melee Great Again! Join the discussion.

Request hi-res icons here. fBfruXW.pngnFRzS1G.pngZOOTsRk.pngh1GKuZo.pngNG0EFBL.png8lnHKLt.png3f2lHyL.png7KPkl2C.pngHPucq9J.pngBlbsQUx.pngXdnlqXI.png9sfLlss.pngu1MqVyK.png9E28NED.pngTrwSZIP.png

4 minutes ago, Rylas said:

I believe this was specifically why they didn't allow that as an option before. Personally, I say leave it to the players to report someone making anything offensive out of their color choices and open up ice power customization. Currently the colors for ice powers are incredibly boring and drab. Yuck. 

...and then you look at the Water Blast options.

Not that I'm saying that that's a reason to "open up" Ice per se.  I think I recall this discussion when Water was released way back in the day.

It's a frequent concern, and certainly one with some justification.  I've expressed in other threads just how crucial customization is to the core philosophy which makes City of Heroes the amazing game it is, but perhaps a priority investment may be to examine the possibility of the option to personally "Generic" other player-characters and their powers if you set them to "Ignore."  As far as that player would be aware, they're still running around with their questionably-appropriate colouration, but other players would have the option to not be forced to see "that" for longer than it takes to right-click and then left-click the appropriate option from the menu.

I don't imagine this would be a small task, but I think it would be very rewarding; granting everyone the freedom to explore customization options in greater depth, despite what the "bad apples" do with those options.