Is EM Broken?

TCUFROGS

Just started a EM/Shield Stalker and Am I am experiencing issues with EM? My Jacob's Ladder doesn't hit anyone else but the target even though they are right next to each other, and my "Assassin's Shock" when I click it the first time while hidden it takes the endurance, does the animation but doesn't hit and you have to do it again?

The assassin's shock can be interrupted.  So you have to make sure you're not moving before you click it.  It's pretty easy to mess up, so you really do need to stop and pause for a beat before clicking it.

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

29 minutes ago, Shred Monkey said:

The assassin's shock can be interrupted.  So you have to make sure you're not moving before you click it.  It's pretty easy to mess up, so you really do need to stop and pause for a beat before clicking it.

Yea I see that, I hear people saying not to really open with it anyways... Kinda bummed 😕 Thanks for the help!

I still recommend opening with assassin's strike when solo/leveling. The fear effect it causes is nice mitigation if you're still working on defenses. The AS taking endurance but not activating is a lag issue. On your screen you've stopped, and to your system you're standing still and ready to attack. The server on the other hand, needs to acknowledge you stopped first and that may happen just after you hit the AS button.

In groups however, or if you don't need the mitigation from the fear, don't AS from hide. Use your next highest hitting move or your target will be dead before AS winds up.

Once you have the ATO proc, this will matter more. As you'll want AS off cooldown in combat for the hide proc to trigger for even more crits.

Rerolling far too often, even by this game's standards.

16 hours ago, TCUFROGS said:

My Jacob's Ladder doesn't hit anyone else but the target even though they are right next to each other,

Jacob's ladder is a very narrow cone, almost more like a line, like when the animation happens and your guy brings his arms up, that's basically the width of the attack. The trick to get it to hit multiple targets is to try and target something behind whatever you were wanting to hit with it.
Honestly though, I just treat it like a single target attack that sometimes hits some extra targets as bonus

Edited by Seigmoraig

4 minutes ago, Seigmoraig said:

Jacob's ladder is a very narrow cone, almost more like a line, like when the animation happens and your guy brings his arms up, that's basically the width of the attack. The trick to get it to hit multiple targets is to try and target something behind whatever you were wanting to hit with it.
Honestly though, I just treat it like a single target attack that sometimes hits some extra targets as bonus

Ok! Good to know! Yea, I guess I have a lot to learn about Stalkers 🙂 That is a good way of looking at it to avoid frustration! 

Most builds skip Jacob's Ladder, while it can technically be a cone, rarely does it hit more than 2 targets.

As for the AS, it's likely lag as others have said.

Elec is still a great Stalker primary, you just need to work on getting used to the "ropes" of elec. 

Chain induction is quite nice btw, 1 second cast and it's a great proc monkey that can potentially hit others enemies with the "jolt," it often hits more enemies than Ladder would.