Necro/Time: The Necromonger

Steampunkette

So! Every year my husband and I, along with a few friends, usually, create 'Halloweenies'. These characters are Halloween-Themed Heroes and Villains who are monsters or monstrous that are good people. Think Universal Monsters play Hellboy.

This year I decided to do a loose homage to Lydia Deetz, the human girl who hangs out with dead friends. For that I went with Necromancy as a primary so she'll have some zombies hanging out, but I colored it all black and this lovely blue-green to kind of evoke unnatural light and darkness mingling. Then I copied that over to the Time Set and I'll just RP it as necromantic powers 'cause I'm a giant dork!

The character is currently 22. Her zombies get torn to shreds but her Grave Knight tends to survive thanks to Temporal Selection and Mending. But once I get her fully setted out... she's going to become a beast, I think.

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.2
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Graveyard-Girl: Level 50 Magic Mastermind
Primary Power Set: Necromancy
Secondary Power Set: Time Manipulation
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Sorcery
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Zombie Horde -- CaltoArm-+Def(Pets)(A), EdcoftheM-PetDef(3), CaltoArm-Acc/Dmg(3), CaltoArm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), CaltoArm-Dmg/EndRdx(5), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(7)
Level 1: Time Crawl -- PcnoftheT-Acc/Slow(A), PcnoftheT-EndRdx/Rchg/Slow(33), PcnoftheT-Acc/EndRdx(34), PcnoftheT-Rng/Slow(34), PcnoftheT--Rchg%(34)
Level 2: Temporal Mending -- DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx(A), DctWnd-EndRdx/Rchg(7), DctWnd-Heal/Rchg(9), DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(9), DctWnd-Heal(11)
Level 4: Time's Juncture -- PcnoftheT-Acc/Slow(A), PcnoftheT-EndRdx/Rchg/Slow(11), PcnoftheT-Acc/EndRdx(23), PcnoftheT-Rng/Slow(33), PcnoftheT--Rchg%(33)
Level 6: Enchant Undead -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 8: Life Drain -- TchoftheN-Heal(A), TchoftheN-Heal/HP/Regen/Rchg(36), TchoftheN-Acc/Heal(36), TchoftheN-Acc/EndRdx/Heal/HP/Regen(36), TchoftheN-%Dam(37)
Level 10: Temporal Selection -- DctWnd-Rchg(A), DctWnd-Heal/Rchg(37)
Level 12: Grave Knight -- SprMarofS-Dmg(A), SprMarofS-Dmg/EndRdx(13), SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg(13), SprMarofS-Acc/EndRdx(15), SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(15), SprMarofS-EndRdx/+Resist/+Regen(17)
Level 14: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(17)
Level 16: Distortion Field -- PcnoftheT--Rchg%(A), PcnoftheT-Rng/Slow(37), PcnoftheT-EndRdx/Rchg/Slow(39), PcnoftheT-Acc/EndRdx(39), PcnoftheT-Acc/Slow(39)
Level 18: Soul Extraction -- SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg(A), SprCmmoft-Dmg/EndRdx(19), SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), SprCmmoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), SprCmmoft-Rchg/PetAoEDef(23)
Level 20: Time Stop -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(40), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(40), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(40), Lck-%Hold(42)
Level 22: Mystic Flight -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 24: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(25), LucoftheG-Def(25), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(46), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(46)
Level 26: Lich -- ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(A), SvrRgh-PetResDam(27), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(29), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(29), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(31)
Level 28: Farsight -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(31), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(31)
Level 30: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A), EndRdx-I(42)
Level 32: Dark Empowerment -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 35: Slowed Response -- AnlWkn-DefDeb(A), AnlWkn-Acc/DefDeb(42), AnlWkn-Acc/Rchg(43), AnlWkn-DefDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(43), AnlWkn-Acc/Rchg/EndRdx(43)
Level 38: Chrono Shift -- DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx(A), DctWnd-Rchg(45), DctWnd-Heal/Rchg(45), DctWnd-Heal(45), DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(46)
Level 41: Dark Embrace -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(48)
Level 44: Oppressive Gloom -- Stp-KB%(A)
Level 47: Soul Tentacles -- EnfOpr-Acc/Rchg(A), EnfOpr-Acc/Immob(48), EnfOpr-Acc/Immob/Rchg(48)
Level 49: Soul Storm -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(50), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(50), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(50)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Supremacy 
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Flight-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Heal-I(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- EndMod-I(A)
------------

I'll have Permahasten with overlap, near-softcap defenses, and provide my hubby's TW/Bio Brute with enough defense and Recharge that he won't -have- to use Sets to make his character a true monster...+30% Damage, +80% Recharge, +27% Defense, plus Regen, and Healing, and having all enemies at -24% defense and -22% Resistance. He's going to be my Tier 4 MM Pet! ❤️

Plus my Lich's Control Powers combined with my own and enough Speed Debuff to make Synapse meander? 

Holy crap this thing looks crazy fun to play...

Edited by Steampunkette
  • Like 1

I haven't played Necro/Time but I do have a Necro/Cold MM and a Grav/Time Controller, so I'm looking at these two characters to give you some combined advice.

With the slotting of your pets, I would strongly consider the following procs:

Zombies - Overwhelming Force: Chance to KD - Because you have 3 zombies without much special utility of their own, you can get a lot of mileage out of this and they can basically lockdown a boss without any trouble.

Grave Knight - Touch of Lady Grey: Chance for Negative Damage and Achilles' Heel: Chance for -Res. Just about every Grave Knight attack has a -Defense component so you can get a lot of mileage out of these -Defense set procs.

Lich - Cloud Senses: Chance for Negative Damage and Dark Watcher's Despair: Chance for -Recharge. Again, every lich attack has a -ToHit component so these proc often.

Additionally, one of the perks of the Necro set is that they have an extra power that you can load up with pet enhancements, so it's recommended you put most of the generic defense/resist enhancements in Soul Extraction. Note that by slotting procs, you can't get the full 6-slot bonus from the MM sets, but that's okay because you can double up on %Recharge in Mark of Supremacy.

You've slotted a lot of Slow sets into your Time powers which only reduces the moment speed of your enemies, which is generally not super valuable (-Recharge is not enhanceable). I would look at using ToHit Debuff sets in Time's Juncture and Basilisk's Gaze in Distortion Field for the 7.5% Recharge. Also, this will go help with you and your pets' tankiness. On the same vein, I'd consider picking up Night Fall in the Soul Mastery epic pool to spread some more ToHit debuffs and basically soft-cap everyone's chance to be hit.

One weakness of all MM sets is that the pets are a lower level than you, which means the minions have a very low chance of hitting, especially when you're doing +3 missions. Time has a lot of defense debuffs to help with this, but I'd look at getting your Zombie's %Acc slotted higher and also consider swapping Assault for Tactics in the Leadership pool, or take both. I'm not sure you'll get much use out of Soul Tentacles when you've already got a -70% slow in Distortion Field and a Lich casting Soul Tentacles. Likewise, having a 2nd hold in Soul Storm will be a very situational perk. I see this as a place to pick up Assault or Combat Jumping. I was about to attach my take on this build, but Mids crashed as I saved the file, and now it's gone. Let me know if you have any comments or questions, though!

I went a little different way for mine. Combo-casting Power Boost with Farsight gives an extra 6% defense and 5% tohit for the duration of Farsight which is amazing. It also features a -tohit damage proc in lich which lets him contribute a bit of damage as well as both a damage proc and Achilles heel -res proc in grave knights. I can't match your T4 pet though! 😂

Spoiler

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.2
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Zen: Level 50 Magic Mastermind
Primary Power Set: Necromancy
Secondary Power Set: Time Manipulation
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Flight
Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Zombie Horde -- SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg(3), SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(3), SprCmmoft-Dmg/EndRdx(5), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(5), SprMarofS-EndRdx/+Resist/+Regen(7)
Level 1: Time Crawl -- PcnoftheT-Acc/EndRdx(A)
Level 2: Temporal Mending -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(7), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(9), Prv-Heal/Rchg(9), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(11), Prv-Absorb%(11)
Level 4: Time's Juncture -- ImpSwf-Dam%(A), DarWtcDsp-ToHitdeb/Rchg/EndRdx(33), DarWtcDsp-Rchg/EndRdx(36), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb/EndRdx(36), DarWtcDsp-Slow%(36)
Level 6: Enchant Undead -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 8: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(45), LucoftheG-Def(50), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(50)
Level 10: Super Jump -- Jump-I(A)
Level 12: Grave Knight -- SvrRgh-Acc/Dmg(A), SvrRgh-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(13), SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg(13), SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(15), AchHee-ResDeb%(15), TchofLadG-%Dam(17)
Level 14: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 16: Distortion Field -- ImpSwf-Dam%(A), NrnSht-Dam%(17), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(21), GldNet-Dam%(23), ImpSwf-EndRdx/Rchg/Slow(23), GhsWdwEmb-Acc/Hold/Rchg(25)
Level 18: Soul Extraction -- SvrRgh-PetResDam(A), EdcoftheM-PetDef(19), ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(19), CaltoArm-+Def(Pets)(21), SprCmmoft-Rchg/PetAoEDef(31), CaltoArm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45)
Level 20: Tactics -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(37), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(37), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(37), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(40), GssSynFr--Build%(40)
Level 22: Time Stop -- UnbCns-Hold/Rchg(A), UnbCns-Dam%(42), UnbCns-Acc/Hold/Rchg(42), UnbCns-Acc/Rchg(42), UnbCns-EndRdx/Hold(43), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(43)
Level 24: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(25)
Level 26: Lich -- CaltoArm-Acc/Dmg(A), CaltoArm-Dmg/EndRdx(27), CaltoArm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), CaltoArm-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(29), BldMnd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(29), CldSns-%Dam(31)
Level 28: Farsight -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(33), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(33), Rct-Def/Rchg(34), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(34), Rct-ResDam%(34)
Level 30: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(45)
Level 32: Dark Empowerment -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 35: Slowed Response -- ShlBrk-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(A), ShlBrk-%Dam(46), ShlBrk-DefDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(48), ShlBrk-Acc/Rchg(48), AchHee-ResDeb%(48), TchofLadG-%Dam(50)
Level 38: Chrono Shift -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(A), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(39), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(39), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(39), Pnc-Heal(40)
Level 41: Scorpion Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 44: Power Boost -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 47: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 49: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-EndRdx(A), Clr-Stlth(43)
Level 1: Supremacy
Level 2: Rest -- EndMod-I(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(31), Pnc-Heal/+End(46)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(46)
Level 50: Clarion Radial Epiphany
Level 50: Intuition Radial Paragon
Level 50: Reactive Radial Flawless Interface
------------

Numpad binds for Masterminds - A collection of Farming focused builds - MM /Time guide for all primaries

@Zen Warlawk on Indomitable, @Warlawk#1697 in discord.

Currently struggling with mostly recovered from health problems. Gaming time nonexistent inconsistent.

2 hours ago, Steampunkette said:

Question!

The "Defense Aura for Pets" is all my pets but "Defense Bonus" is just for the pet it's slotted in, right?

Pet Aura IOs affect the Mastermind such that your Mastermind "broadcasts" a PBAoE Defense or Resistance Buff to Pets within Supremacy range.  That way, if the Pets get beyond Supremacy range, the buff drops from them (because they're "out of range" of your Mastermind's PBAoE buffing them).

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

1 minute ago, Redlynne said:

Pet Aura IOs affect the Mastermind such that your Mastermind "broadcasts" a PBAoE Defense or Resistance Buff to Pets within Supremacy range.  That way, if the Pets get beyond Supremacy range, the buff drops from them (because they're "out of range" of your Mastermind's PBAoE buffing them).

I get that, but there's also just "Defense Bonus" and "Resistance Bonus" IOs, like Edict of the Master.

Is it the same thing as the Expedient Reinforcement buff or is it -exclusively- the pet that it's slotted in? They've got a different description is the reason I ask. Edict of the Master is just "Defense Bonus" where Expedient Reinforcement is "Resist Bonus Aura for Pets"

On looking it up on Paragon wiki it seems like there's no difference... which makes me wonder why the hell they used different language.

56 minutes ago, Steampunkette said:

On looking it up on Paragon wiki it seems like there's no difference... which makes me wonder why the hell they used different language.

The sets were created at different times and the person writing the tooltips wasn't the same and didn't copy/paste the earlier verbiage, but the function is the same.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.