Tequila Install Files Flagged As Threat By BitDefender

Stormshout

As per title - I just created my account and began to install Homecoming via the Tequila installer, but there are currently a heck of a lot of files being blocked by BitDefender Anti-Virus software and I have doubts the install will work.

Anyone in the know care to comment on this?

tequila threat snip.PNG

Silk's Install and Troubleshooting guide covers this situation.  Look for "Tequila launcher crashing at loading banner and other similar crashes".

The TL;DR version: Homecoming isn't going to certify it's game files as virus-free (costs, plus it won't work anyways when you consider the source).  You need to exclude Homecoming as well as Tequila from a virus scanner if you want to play.

Edited by Tahquitz

Inactive account.  For current info, see GM_Tock.

And when you Do that, do it for the Whole folder you've installed it to just in case: C:\Games\COH

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

*update* Well personally I've been able to install and play the game fine so far despite having over 30 rather suspect http links blocked by my AV software (you can see example in my screenshots) - so it makes me wonder what the reason for them were in the first place? 

• Retired Game Master

If you look at the manifest XML file, each file has multiple sources.

image.png.d7881251fc996461eb8125f1f5dc02a8.png

When your antivirus software blocked one of the download URLs, Tequila saw that as a connection error and moved onto a different one in the list, so you still ended up getting the file.