Suggestion: Please allow more than 1 back item

biostem

As the thread title suggests, I think it'd be great if we could have more than 1 back item on our characters.  Yes, I realize this would likely cause clipping issues, but it's always bugged me that I can't have a character with both wings and a quiver of arrows, or one with a backpack and nice flowing scarf.  Your thoughts?  Thanks!

• Like 1

So there's 2 big things that are blocking this -aside- from clipping.

1: The UI. We'd need to redesign the UI to have multiple back locations, or redesign the costume pieces to double-up. That is to say 1 costume item in the 'Back Detail' list that is the Quiver and Scarf in one item. Or the Spine and the Over the Shoulder Mantle.

2: Connection Points. There's only so many connection points on a CoH Character Model. So some stuff that takes up the same physical placement on the model, the connection point for the additional geoset, can't be overlayed without redoing the player model in total.

• Thanks 1

Is clipping really that much off an issue? I mean..does it mess up teh game/code itself, or just visuals? Because if it is only a visual thing, there is already quite a bit of clipping with teh huge amount of costume bits we have. I'd love to be able to tweak item X, so it sits better, but I 'put up' with teh clipping because thats how things are. If someone really wants to have two back items, and knows they will clip, but can deal with it...why not let them?

3 minutes ago, Razor Cure said:

Is clipping really that much off an issue? I mean..does it mess up teh game/code itself, or just visuals? Because if it is only a visual thing, there is already quite a bit of clipping with teh huge amount of costume bits we have. I'd love to be able to tweak item X, so it sits better, but I 'put up' with teh clipping because thats how things are. If someone really wants to have two back items, and knows they will clip, but can deal with it...why not let them?

Visuals and to some degree (Multiple Capes) physics demand.

It would be neat to see, as an experiment, then, how a new mesh that was basically cherub wings + quiver or retro jetpack + scarf, would look/work.  I'm assuming color choices would have to be shared among both pieces, since this new back piece would, from Steampunkette's description, just be a new model, but it'd be a start...