Recommendations - More Than Damage

VV

Sup Beefs! So, my Fire/Fire/Fire was my first 50 and one of my mains for years on Live (other main is a grav/storm troller). Tweaked the heck out of her under the tutelage of some of the best tankers ever, including the person I consider the best fire tanker ever, Impyre. Remade her on Homecoming and she still rocks, now with more rockage thanks to cheap purples and incarnates. I love tanking (and controlling, it has been suggested I have control issues), so I am interested in making another tank. The thing is, I want something different. You know, fire is awesome because fire, but it is pretty much just damage, damage, damage. Not neat debuffs, buffs, or specials. I started a /War Axe, but it's kind of the same as fire, straight damage, though with a bit of knock.

So, I'm thinking maybe Bio/ primary because it seems to have some interesting effects, and I like the idea of being able to lean either offensive or defensive, as needed. But, I am happy to be convinced of something else. For attacks, I'm thinking /Rad, /Psi, or /Kin, just I dunno they seem kind of cool and different.

Anyway, I'm just looking for suggestions of fun combos. Thanks!

Bio/Spines is a good tankfender combo.  Two damage auras, both can be slotted for various kinds of debuffage, as can most of your Spines attacks.  I have almost all of them frankenslotted with Pacing of the Turtle recharge slow procs, and use incarnates to stack more recharge slow.  This works surprisingly well.  Holding aggro is easy on this combination. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

Dark/Dark/Soul

Live a little ... at the expense of everything around you ...

6-Slot Dark Regeneration and Siphon Life with the Theft of Essence set and help solve your endurance recovery problems EARLY.

Edited by Redlynne

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

Tanking with a side of control?  Invuln/Stone works well here; the toughness of Invuln covers your survivability pretty well and Stone Melee gives you knock up, knock down, AOE knock down/stun, AOE knock down/damage and a MAG 4 hold with a double helping of damage.

It won't outdamage a Fire/Fire tanker but it will out survive one, it holds aggro extremely well and you can knock 'em down at will as well as knocking them straight UP with Heavy Mallet for a few more seconds of control as they fly up, fall down and have to get back on their feet.  Seismic Smash gives you a MAG 4 hold that will one shot hold a boss and turn out a lot of damage.  The only downsides are that it's fairly end heavy and only has one fairly low damage AOE attack.  Oh, and enemies that resist Smashing damage are a pain.

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler