RWZ's MSR is having serious issues during back to back raids.

Kigo

Indomitable server has had nightly MSR raids every night starting at 8 pm east coast and lasting for 2 runs ending at 10 pm. During the first hour we had a total of 2 disconnects out of 48 people. During the second hour we had 24 out of 48 disconnect. Usually while being the team leader and/or league leader. We'd appoint a new leader, they'd crash. New leader. Crash. New leader. Crash.

24 people disconnected in less than an hour from the same league. Most of us on discord together. Every few seconds another person was calling out a crash.

This has been going on every night since the patch to fix the 50 cap, but tonight's numbers of disconnects was the worst one yet.

Edit: If it makes you understand how bad before / after the patch... I attended dozens of MSR's during the multi league / no zone cap months and never once crashed. Since the patch I have attended only 4 MSR's and crashed during 3 of them (leader of my team each time). Others in the discord have described similar before / after results.

Edited by Kigo
  • Like 1

You can friend add me at the global handle Sweet Torment

I created Indomitable's Community Teleport Hub usage: /macro TP enterbasefrompasscode TOUR-5307

All 50+3 unless otherwise specified:

Indomitable: Sweet Torment, Firesoul, Rikti Relocators Inc

Excelsior: Silent as a Lamb, Spinner of Lives, Project ReNew, Mire Monstrosity, Mad Madam Maud (48), Tiki Tour Guide (50+0)

Can confirm, on Indomitable server. It's happening often enough that folks are looking at the person in the team window under them to see if the team will have a lvl 50 lead when (not if) they crash.

This may not be too useful, but I have noticed when I crash and then log back in, the animations and movement of everything is crisp and clear.

• Thanks 1

Very strange.  I haven't experienced any crashes during Rikti mothership raids on Excelsior server, nor have more than one or two people I've raided with (none of which have been team leaders), and I normally run two back-to-back.  Hrm.

Which Homecoming client are y'all using?  64 bit, 32 bit, or legacy?

Edited by Apparition
  • Thanks 1

I can't say for the others, but personally I run Homecoming (64-bit) through Tequila using the http://patch.savecoh.com/manifest.xml manifest.

As an aside to the devs, we're fairly sure that this issue is some kind of a memory leak issue involving league teams. People who changed alts between hour one and hour two did not crash, but everyone who stayed logged in for the full hour if they had a league or team leadership position they crashed / disconnected after they received a leadership position.

During tonight's raid our first team leader disconnect occured shortly before the shields went back up of raid hour one (but not counted in the 24 - just putting that in there for full clarity). I personally was the second team leader to crash tonight and it occurred while roughly halfway in the pylon phase for second hour. Our next leader disconnect happened just before the second hour shields came down. The following one happened while we were fighting U'Kon for second time. There was then a decent pause of several minutes with no crashes. But then the league leader crashed next. Followed shortly after by two different team leaders both also crashing. Then another minute later and the inherited league leader crashed. Shortly after that we had seven people crash in less than a minute one after the other - all team leaders. Meanwhile the league leadership position was so cursed that no less than nine people crashed while holding that position before it finally ended up in my hands - I held it for rest of the raid without a second crash.

It has been really bad this week, but tonight was by far the worst one yet.

Oh, and not sure if it has any bearing or not, but briefly after one of the league leaders crashed their team had two different people with stars - one as team lead and other as league lead... before both also crashed at same time oddly enough.

This needs fixing urgently please devs!

I created Indomitable's Community Teleport Hub usage: /macro TP enterbasefrompasscode TOUR-5307

Excelsior: Silent as a Lamb, Spinner of Lives, Project ReNew, Mire Monstrosity, Mad Madam Maud (48), Tiki Tour Guide (50+0)

I only attended the second of two MSR raids this evening and noticed a lot of people crashing (while not crashing out once myself). 

Typically, part of the pre-game management is making sure the leader of each team is 50 so it is less likely those that are below 50 do not get squished (and so that the 50s do not get exemplared down). We have a fair number of sub-50 players in the league every raid. The high volume of disconnects made it so a sub-50 became team lead on my team more than once and I got insta-jibbed each time. Please find a way to curb the disconnects (I assume this impacts Hamidon raids too).

• Thanks 1

MSRs beat the living crap out of the zone's mapserver.
This is why a solution like a league trial is slightly more desirable (at least from a stability standpoint).
You get a fresh, LIMITED instance, so all the assets for a full RWZ don't have to be spun up.

• Thanks 1

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

The Rikti mothership raid trial will be the only way to go once it hits the regular servers, IMO.  Something was omitted from the beta server patch notes today that Leandro mentioned would be in the patch on the Homecoming Discord.  So I made a level 40 Blaster on the Pineapple beta test server this afternoon, and queued up a Rikti mothership raid trial all by my lonesome.  I'm in it right now.

My level 40 Blaster's combat level is level 50.  Anyone from level 35 through level 49 that does a Rikti mothership raid trial will have their combat level automatically adjusted to level 50.  So there will be no more shifting people around in leagues so that every team in the league has a level 50 leader.  Everyone will be at least combat level 50.

Still, it is odd though that one server's zone mothership raids are experiencing these disconnect issues while another server's is not.

Edited by Apparition
  • Thanks 1

There is a couple problems with just using the LFG (as it currently is) when it becomes available.

First it prevents anyone from level 1-34 from joining and currently a lot of people join MSR with those levels so this might make it harder to get full 48 raids going.

Second, we have been hearing bad reports about spawn rates in the test LFG version and how they (and thus the rewards received) just do not compare with the real zone numbers making the LFG raid less useful.

Regarding the second point I am unsure on. Personally, I have not tested it yet which is why I do not state it as an equivocal fact. Because of my only knowing results second hand I do not know if those reports are right. But assuming that they are then there is a problem. No one is going to want to use something that ends up giving inferior rewards so they will either need to drastically bump up the spawn rates (which causes other problems) or drastically bump up the rewards offered for completing it.

Worst case scenario, if the reports on bad rewards for time spent is correct, then we will just ignore the LFG version and simply leave zone or relog between raids to avoid this crash.

On the first point, I limit my mothership raids to level 30+ at the bare minimum, and usually have mostly level 50s, so I don't see that as an issue.

Secondly, the first mothership raid trial test had several missing Rikti types - Magi, Chief Mesmorists, Priests, etc.  The Rikti were also unable to move, so they couldn't be pulled.  The missing Rikti and NPC movement were patched in this morning, so that shouldn't be an issue either.  Even then there were still a ton of Rikti during the test... so many so that they were literally piled on me at one point.  My team had 1,533 Vanguard merits at the end, with a team of seven.  So I have no idea where you're getting the information that the Vanguard merits are "inferior," in the Rikti mothership raid trial, but it's incorrect.

I will be holding a second Rikti mothership raid trial test tomorrow at 7 P.M. ET/4 P.M. PT which you are more than welcome to join.

Edited by Apparition

The other major problem is that the new-type MSR has the same problem iTrials do.
Spawning into a trial instance jumbles the league order, often assigning league leadership to the first person to actually spawn into the instance.

Hashtag Fuster Cluck.

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

24 minutes ago, Hyperstrike said:

The other major problem is that the new-type MSR has the same problem iTrials do.
Spawning into a trial instance jumbles the league order, often assigning league leadership to the first person to actually spawn into the instance.

Hashtag Fuster Cluck.

It's true that a trial instance jumbles the league order (which is why level 35 through 49 characters will have their combat level boosted to level 50), but that's only a minor issue, IMO.  There's been a ton of unlocked leagues running iTrials over the past four months, and they've all handled it just fine.

Even, for some reason, that you are not the league leader upon zoning in and the person with the star won't hand it back to you, you can still issue directions.

It's a trivial issue IMO in comparison to the zone Rikti mothership raids where you have to continually make sure that every team is lead by a level 50.

On 9/21/2019 at 2:41 AM, LiquidBandage said:

I only attended the second of two MSR raids this evening and noticed a lot of people crashing (while not crashing out once myself). 

Typically, part of the pre-game management is making sure the leader of each team is 50 so it is less likely those that are below 50 do not get squished (and so that the 50s do not get exemplared down). We have a fair number of sub-50 players in the league every raid. The high volume of disconnects made it so a sub-50 became team lead on my team more than once and I got insta-jibbed each time. Please find a way to curb the disconnects (I assume this impacts Hamidon raids too).

I was in an MSR yesterday and people were disconnecting all over the place.  Not sure if it was a second in a row or anything like that, but  we had to have had 15 or more DC's over the length of the bowl battle.  I remembered this thread and thought I should post.  It was pretty bad.