Controller Signature Sets

Bugmaster

Hi all,

If you could only afford one Controller Archetype Set -- Overpowering Presence vs. Will of the Controller -- which one would you pick ? And which power would you slot it into ? FWIW, I play a Dark/Dark Controller, and I was leaning toward Will of the Controller because of its +Acc and +Recharge bonuses. It might be worth slotting on Shadow Field because of the "Chance for Psionic Damage" proc, although I suspect that the damage is going to be fairly minor anyway. What do you guys think ? I realize that the obvious answer is "Get every Control-oriented Set ever and slot it into everything", but I'm not made out of Influence...

Edited by Bugmaster

I usually put Will of the Troller in Heart of Darkness. It makes the effect last quite awhile and adds some dmg from time to time.

I put Overpowering Presence in Fearsome Stare because it can be cast very often in battle and procs the Energy Font every 2 or 3 casts.

If I could only do one then it would be Will of the Troller due to the excellent  Dmg, ACC and Rech bonuses. But...you should do both 😉

A bunch of toons. Global DocRanger

All on Excelsior. 

Why would you only be able to afford one? Are you going to quit playing the character? I mean, if you are asking which one to buy first, start with Overpowering Presence. Put it in something AOE that you cast often. Then go out and massacre more stuff and buy Will of the Troller, too.

• Like 3

The set bonuses from Superior Will of the Controller will be more useful for most builds due to it's 10% Rech and 5% Ranged Def etc.   Also the chance for Psi Dmg proc is a 4 PPM purple which is impressive for something that can be slotted into AOE mezz powers.    

I haven't been that impressed with the Overpowering Presence set.  Might be worth it if you needed Energy/Dark Defense.   As for the proc, in my testing the Energy Font's don't last very long or do that much.  Since even the Superior version of the is just a 2 PPM you often don't get any Fonts.  (The non Superior is 1 PPM making it a waste as far as I'm concerned...)    My overall take is the Energy Fonts proc is  basically an unreliable gimmick.   The only good thing I can say about it is it seems better than the Dominator Fiery Orb equivalent, since the Fonts are at least suppose to stun.