Illusion / Time, my first 50 ever ; I'm lost and need help

Cetrix

Hello, 

It's great to be able to play CoH again, thanks to Homecoming devs and community. Back in the days I stoped CoH way before 2012, not knowing about those Incarnates and IOs set stuff. And fast leveling.

So, here I am : my controller Illu / time is now a fresh 50 for a few days.

His name is Timaeus.

I don't know what to do. I read incarnates guides, I understand the IO set bonuses, read Reddit, did Mender Ramiel missions and so on for hours, but I'm still pretty lost. 

I have to make a final build, with perma PA, but the IO / Incarnates make it quite complicated to do, so I have to ask you to help me ! 🙂

1 - My personal build

If I'm not a real min-maxer, I like to have an effective character, but with roleplaying / playstyle choices.

Which are

• I don't like to go melee, so I didn't take these powers : Time Juncture, Flash.
  • I dropped off Time Stop, sounds redundant with Blind.
  • I like to play as a wanna be Blaster (with buffs, debuffs options from Illusion and Time) so I took Primal Forces Mastery, which seems also fine with Power boost (boosting my Chrono Shift and Farsight).
  • Some decent DPS.
  • I really like Leadership, I took Assault, Tactics, Vengeance and Victory Rush.
  • Recall friend, Fly and Hasten.

=> My first goal is perma PA, I read that you need 203% global recharge.

My "normal" (without IO set bonuses) slotting : 95%.

Hasten 70%

Chrono Shift : 50%

Yay, it's 215% ! But... no, because Hasten and Chrono shift aren't perma.

How to do it ? A not-too-expensive option would be nice.

=> Do I have to slot all my powers with IO level 50 ? Isn't a waste to grab a few % ?

=> How to choose IO set bonuses and how to slot my powers ? 

2 - Incarnates

I understand the basics about it, I guess. 

=>Which incarnates for illu / time ? Spiritual from Alpha (for global recharge) is tempting, but as /time isn't a waste ? I really don't know...

I'm open to your suggestions !

3 - The program

=> What to focus first ? Farm influence (how much ? ^^), doing incarnate TF's, get veteran levels, farm the AH to het IO sets ? Also need advices here.

Thank you, heroes !

Feel free to add me as a global friend : @Cetrix (Reunion EU)

Edited by Cetrix

Time Stop can stack with Blind to hold tougher targets. Also, it gives you another hold to increase your DPS through Containment.

Try Doctored Wounds in Chrono Shift... that and Hasten should pretty easily get you enough global recharge to perma Chrono Shift. Also, depending on slotting, you can perma PA for less than 203... 95 Global Recharge from IOs should not be too expensive or too hard. Six-slotting Farsight with Reactive Defense might be a good idea, also looking for a place for Preventative Medicine might help.

Also, good call on Flash, great effect but the animation time is terrible.

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

You're on the right track for Alpha incarnate.  Either Spiritual to boost your recharge and healing, or Agility to boost your recharge and defense.

Also, a Time Manipulation user with Power Boosted Farsight can hit the defense softcap, which grants a huge survivability benefit.  But your post implied you skipped Maneuvers from Leadership.  I'd recommend taking it.  It's also another power you can slot with the Luck of the Gambler global recharge IO, which will help you on your path to perm-hasten, perma-chrono, and perma-PA. 

Here's what I did with my Illusion/Time:  Perma Chrono/Hasten/PA/Farsight, Softcapped defense to S/L/E/N and Ranged with others in the mid 30s, which can then be further boosted with support core hybrid and clarion radial destiny.  Clarion also provides mez resistance and can be alternated with Rune of Protection with a small gap.

Hero Plan by Mids' Hero Designer 1.962
http://www.cohplanner.com/

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Galactic Flea : Level 50 Technology Controller
Primary Power Set: Illusion Control
Secondary Power Set: Time Manipulation
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Sorcery
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Blind -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(5), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(5), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(7), GldNet-Dam%(7), GldJvl-Dam%(11)
Level 1: Time Crawl -- TmpRdn-Acc/Slow(A)
Level 2: Spectral Wounds -- Dcm-Acc/Dmg(A), Dcm-Dmg/EndRdx(13), Dcm-Dmg/Rchg(13), Dcm-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(15), Dcm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), Dcm-Build%(17)
Level 4: Temporal Mending -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(37), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(37), Prv-Heal/Rchg(39), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(39), Prv-Absorb%(39)
Level 6: Flash -- SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), SprWiloft-Rchg/Dmg%(11), SprWiloft-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(17), SprWiloft-EndRdx/Rchg(23), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(25), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(25)
Level 8: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(9), Rct-ResDam%(9)
Level 10: Temporal Selection -- HO:Golgi(A)
Level 12: Mystic Flight -- Frb-Stlth(A)
Level 14: Spirit Ward -- DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(A)
Level 16: Distortion Field -- Lck-%Hold(A), UnbCns-Hold/Rchg(27), UnbCns-Dam%(36), UnbCns-Acc/Hold/Rchg(46), UnbCns-Acc/Rchg(48), UnbCns-EndRdx/Hold(48)
Level 18: Phantom Army -- ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(19), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(21), SlbAll-Build%(21), SlbAll-Dmg/Rchg(23)
Level 20: Rune of Protection -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(A), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(27), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(43), Ags-EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 22: Time Stop -- SprOvrPrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), SprOvrPrs-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(43), SprOvrPrs-EndRdx/Rchg(43), SprOvrPrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(45), SprOvrPrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(46), SprOvrPrs-Rchg/Energy Font(46)
Level 24: Boxing -- CrsImp-Acc/Dmg(A)
Level 26: Spectral Terror -- GlmoftheA-Acc/Fear/Rchg(A), GlmoftheA-Dam%(37)
Level 28: Farsight -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(29), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(29)
Level 30: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(31), UnbGrd-ResDam(31), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(31), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(33), UnbGrd-Max HP%(33)
Level 32: Phantasm -- ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(33), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(34), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(34), ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(36)
Level 35: Weave -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(36)
Level 38: Chrono Shift -- Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(A), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(40), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(40), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(40), Pnc-Heal(42), RechRdx-I(50)
Level 41: Scorpion Shield -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(42), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(42)
Level 44: Superior Invisibility -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(45), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(45)
Level 47: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(48)
Level 49: Slowed Response -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A), HO:Cyto(50)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Containment
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 2: Swift -- Flight-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(3)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(3)
Level 50: Agility Core Paragon
Level 50: Clarion Radial Epiphany
Level 50: Support Core Embodiment
Level 50: Degenerative Radial Flawless Interface
Level 50: Ion Total Core Judgement
Level 0: Freedom Phalanx Reserve
Level 0: Portal Jockey
Level 0: Task Force Commander
Level 0: The Atlas Medallion
Level 50: Phantom Core Superior Ally
------------

Thank you all for your advices ! Very helpful.

I understand the Incarnates, i'm alpha 3, and others slots up to hybrid.

@Bionic_Flea : here is my build, from your's. 🙂 I don't take Hamidons, seems hard to find...

Well, seems expensive. Only have 120M for now.

Hero Plan by Mids' Hero Designer 1.962
http://www.cohplanner.com/

Timaeus: Level 50 Mutation Controller
Power Pool: Sorcery
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Primal Forces Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Spectral Wounds

• (A) Decimation - Accuracy/Damage
  • (3) Decimation - Damage/Endurance
  • (3) Decimation - Damage/Recharge
  • (5) Decimation - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge
  • (5) Decimation - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (7) Decimation - Chance of Build Up

Level 1: Time Crawl

• (A) Impeded Swiftness - Chance of Damage(Smashing)

Level 2: Blind

• (A) Basilisk's Gaze - Accuracy/Hold
  • (7) Basilisk's Gaze - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (9) Basilisk's Gaze - Recharge/Hold
  • (9) Basilisk's Gaze - Endurance/Recharge/Hold
  • (11) Gladiator's Net - Chance of Damage(Lethal)
  • (11) Gladiator's Javelin - Chance of Damage(Toxic)

Level 4: Temporal Mending

• (A) Preventive Medicine - Heal
  • (13) Preventive Medicine - Heal/Endurance
  • (13) Preventive Medicine - Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (15) Preventive Medicine - Heal/RechargeTime
  • (15) Preventive Medicine - Heal/RechargeTime/Endurance
  • (27) Preventive Medicine - Chance for +Absorb

Level 6: Spirit Ward

• (A) Miracle - +Recovery

Level 8: Hasten

• (A) Recharge Reduction IO
  • (33) Recharge Reduction IO

Level 10: Superior Invisibility

• (A) Luck of the Gambler - Recharge Speed
  • (34) Endurance Reduction IO

Level 12: Maneuvers

• (31) Shield Wall - +Res (Teleportation), +5% Res (All)
  • (33) Reactive Defenses - Scaling Resist Damage
  • (33) Endurance Reduction IO

Level 14: Tactics

• (A) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - Chance for Build Up
  • (34) Endurance Reduction IO

Level 16: Distortion Field

• (A) Lockdown - Chance for +2 Mag Hold
  • (17) Unbreakable Constraint - Hold/Recharge
  • (17) Unbreakable Constraint - Accuracy/Hold/Recharge
  • (19) Unbreakable Constraint - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (19) Unbreakable Constraint - Endurance/Hold
  • (25) Unbreakable Constraint - Chance for Smashing Damage

Level 18: Phantom Army

• (A) Expedient Reinforcement - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (27) Expedient Reinforcement - Accuracy/Damage
  • (29) Expedient Reinforcement - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (29) Expedient Reinforcement - Endurance/Damage/Recharge
  • (31) Soulbound Allegiance - Chance for Build Up
  • (31) Soulbound Allegiance - Damage/Endurance

Level 20: Time Stop

• (A) Basilisk's Gaze - Accuracy/Hold
  • (21) Basilisk's Gaze - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (21) Basilisk's Gaze - Recharge/Hold
  • (23) Basilisk's Gaze - Endurance/Recharge/Hold
  • (23) Neuronic Shutdown - Chance of Damage(Psionic)
  • (25) Ghost Widow's Embrace - Chance of Damage(Psionic)

Level 22: Assault

• (A) Endurance Reduction IO

Level 24: Vengeance

Level 26: Spectral Terror

• (A) Glimpse of the Abyss - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (34) Glimpse of the Abyss - Endurance/Fear
  • (36) Glimpse of the Abyss - Accuracy/Endurance
  • (37) Glimpse of the Abyss - Accuracy/Fear/Recharge
  • (40) Glimpse of the Abyss - Chance of Damage(Psionic)

Level 28: Farsight

• (40) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance/Recharge

Level 30: Mystic Flight

• (A) Flight Speed IO

Level 32: Phantasm

• (A) Expedient Reinforcement - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (36) Expedient Reinforcement - Damage/Endurance
  • (36) Expedient Reinforcement - Resist Bonus Aura for Pets
  • (37) Expedient Reinforcement - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (37) Expedient Reinforcement - Endurance/Damage/Recharge
  • (39) Expedient Reinforcement - Accuracy/Damage

Level 35: Power Blast

• (A) Devastation - Accuracy/Damage
  • (42) Devastation - Damage/Endurance
  • (43) Devastation - Damage/Recharge
  • (43) Devastation - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (43) Devastation - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (45) Devastation - Chance of Hold

Level 38: Chrono Shift

• (A) Panacea - Heal/Endurance
  • (39) Panacea - Heal/Endurance/Recharge
  • (39) Panacea - Heal
  • (40) Panacea - Endurance/Recharge
  • (45) Panacea - Hea/Recharge
  • (45) Recharge Reduction IO

Level 41: Temp Invulnerability

• (A) Unbreakable Guard - +Max HP
  • (42) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance/Endurance
  • (42) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance
  • (48) Unbreakable Guard - Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (50) Gladiator's Armor - TP Protection +3% Def (All)
  • (50) Steadfast Protection - Resistance/+Def 3%

Level 44: Rune of Protection

• (A) Aegis - Resistance/Endurance
  • (46) Aegis - Resistance/Recharge
  • (46) Aegis - Endurance/Recharge
  • (46) Aegis - Resistance/Endurance/Recharge

Level 47: Slowed Response

• (A) Achilles' Heel - Chance for Res Debuff
  • (50) Achilles' Heel - Defense Debuff/Recharge

Level 49: Power Boost

• (A) Recharge Reduction IO

Level 1: Brawl

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Dash

Edited by Cetrix

Just a heads up, Deceive is a great control that can really help with clear speed. Also, Group Invisibility can stack with Superior Invisibility giving you 260' Stealth and -200% Threat Level. Just two powers that are often under-appreciated in the Illusion Controller toolkit...

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

Hello there!

I took a stab at this, myself. I don't know if it'll be one hundred percent to your taste, but here's how it plays:

-All defenses are softcapped when you use Power Boost with Farsight (46.07%), and Smashing/Lethal Resistance is at 50% (a little low, but you shouldn't be hit often).

-The build has 230% Recharge, which is enough to make Chrono Shift, Phantom Army, and Hasten all permanent.

-You have two powers that are effectively a single target attack chain: Blind and Spectral Wounds

-You have two powers that are effectively AoE control/damage: Torrent and Distortion Field. Distortion Field's damage comes from the Proc IOs placed in it, while Torrent has been given a Sudden Acceleration IO proc in order for its rather infamous knockback to be turned into knockDOWN. That means it will bounce enemies on their butts where they are. I picked these powers both for added additional recharge to the build as well as to help give you more AoE Control/Damage utility.

-You have the full slew of Time Buffs/Debuffs to play with.

-You have Superior Invisibility if you want to sit back and use Deceive while your Phantoms run riot as well.

For Incarnate Choices, I would work towards:

-Muscular Core Paragon for your Alpha, which will made you hit harder (since you won't need Spiritual for extra recharge)

-Anything ranged for your Judgment. I like Pyronic and Ion, personally.

-Reactive Core Flawless for your Interface (It offers a nice Resistance debuff and the occasional damage proc)

-Any Lore pet you like. I personally like the Polar Lights because I'm weird.

-Clarion Radial Epiphany. This is a bit of an odd choice, so I'd like to explain: Its purpose is to work with Power Boost to amp up your Time buffs even further. This means your buffs from Farsight and Chrono Shift will improve even further, and at T4 this Destiny power's recharge is exactly as long as Farsight's Duration, so you can make the bonus defense permanent.

-Assault Core Embodiment Hybrid for even more damage. 

Spoiler

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.5
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Timekiller: Level 50 Technology Controller
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Leaping
Ancillary Pool: Primal Forces Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Blind -- Dcm-Build%(A), Dcm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), Dcm-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(46), Dcm-Dmg/Rchg(46), Dcm-Dmg/EndRdx(50)
Level 1: Time Crawl -- Acc-I(A)
Level 2: Temporal Mending -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg(42), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(42), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(43), Prv-Heal(43), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(43)
Level 4: Deceive -- CrcPrs-Conf%(A), CrcPrs-Conf/EndRdx(5), CrcPrs-Acc/Rchg(11), CrcPrs-Acc/Conf/Rchg(11), CrcPrs-Conf/Rchg(25)
Level 6: Spectral Wounds -- Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(A), Apc-Dam%(7), Apc-Acc/Rchg(7), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(9), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9)
Level 8: Fly -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 10: Temporal Selection -- DctWnd-Heal/Rchg(A)
Level 12: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(13), Krm-ResKB(13)
Level 14: Superior Invisibility -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(15), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(15)
Level 16: Distortion Field -- Lck-%Hold(A), SprEnt-Rchg/AbsorbProc(17), ImpSwf-Dam%(17), SprOvrPrs-Rchg/Energy Font(40), SprWiloft-Rchg/Dmg%(40), UnbCns-Dam%(40)
Level 18: Phantom Army -- ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(19), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(21), CaltoArm-Acc/Rchg(21), CaltoArm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37)
Level 20: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(25)
Level 22: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(23), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(23), LucoftheG-Def(27)
Level 24: Afterburner -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 26: Spectral Terror -- SprWiloft-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(A), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(34), SprWiloft-EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(34), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(37)
Level 28: Farsight -- RedFrt-EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def(29), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(29), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(31), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(37), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(42)
Level 30: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(31), Ksm-ToHit+(31)
Level 32: Phantasm -- ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(33), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(33), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33)
Level 35: Slowed Response -- AnlWkn-DefDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(A), AnlWkn-%ToHit(36), AnlWkn-Acc/Rchg/EndRdx(36), AnlWkn-Acc/Rchg(36)
Level 38: Chrono Shift -- NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(A), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(39), Mrc-Heal/Rchg(39), Mrc-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(39), EndMod-I(46)
Level 41: Conserve Power -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 44: Temp Invulnerability -- ImpArm-ResDam/Rchg(A), ImpArm-ResDam(45), ImpArm-ResDam/EndRdx(45), ImpArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(45)
Level 47: Energy Torrent -- Rgn-Acc/Rchg(A), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(48), Rgn-Dmg(48), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(50), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(50)
Level 49: Power Boost -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Run-I(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Run-I(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Run-I(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Run-I(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Run-I(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Rest -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Flight-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(3), Mrc-Rcvry+(5)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(3)
------------
------------
Set Bonus Totals:

• 23% DamageBuff(Smashing)
  • 23% DamageBuff(Lethal)
  • 23% DamageBuff(Fire)
  • 23% DamageBuff(Cold)
  • 23% DamageBuff(Energy)
  • 23% DamageBuff(Negative)
  • 23% DamageBuff(Toxic)
  • 23% DamageBuff(Psionic)
  • 1.25% Defense(Energy)
  • 1.25% Defense(Negative)
  • 1.88% Defense(Psionic)
  • 2.5% Defense(Ranged)
  • 4.5% Max End
  • 39% Enhancement(Accuracy)
  • -0.85 Enhancement(Knockback)
  • 8% Enhancement(Immobilized)
  • 8% Enhancement(Confused)
  • 3.75% Enhancement(Max EnduranceDiscount)
  • 4% Enhancement(Held)
  • 4% Enhancement(Stunned)
  • 4.4% Enhancement(Terrorized)
  • 110% Enhancement(RechargeTime)
  • 8% Enhancement(Sleep)
  • 7.5% SpeedFlying
  • GrantPower Preventive Medicine (10% chance, if Scourge)
  • 83.93 HP (8.25%) HitPoints
  • 7.5% JumpHeight
  • 7.5% SpeedJumping
  • Knockback (Mag -4)
  • Knockup (Mag -4)
  • MezResist(Confused) 35%
  • MezResist(Held) 35%
  • MezResist(Immobilized) 35%
  • MezResist(Sleep) 35%
  • MezResist(Stunned) 35%
  • MezResist(Terrorized) 35%
  • 15.5% (0.26 End/sec) Recovery
  • 78% (3.31 HP/sec) Regeneration
  • 3.75% Resistance(Smashing)
  • 3.75% Resistance(Lethal)
  • 10.5% Resistance(Fire)
  • 10.5% Resistance(Cold)
  • 6.75% Resistance(Energy)
  • 6.75% Resistance(Negative)
  • 7.5% SpeedRunning

I'm not going to lie, this build is going to be a doozy, but if you really enjoy playing the character and want to work towards this as your end-goal, I think you'll like the end result. 

Edited by Mercurias
  • Like 1

On another note in terms of building up money, probably the best source of it is running the weekly Task/Strike Forces and other content that grants you Merits. You can turn Merits in for things like Enhancement Converters that will earn you a large bulk sum from the Auction House. I typically make anywhere from 10-12 million a week per task force alone, and not counting drops.

To start here I would advise dropping the end reduction in superior invis as it was changed to only be .2 end/sec it's not that big of a drain. For the alpha also go agility core, will grant extra end mod for stamina/chrono shift, and will also boost all your defense powers to cap, which don't forget incarnate content is 57 or 59% to hit the soft cap, and then adds on recharge as well for everything and can lax slotting/save money on purples etc.

With all the rech you will also really not need time stop outside of the -regen for AVs/monsters so minimal slotting is needed for acc/end/rech perhaps, maybe to the 4 slots just for the rech from basilisks gaze but probably wouldn't even bother that far depending on slotting, and even that is such low -regen i wouldn't really bother with the power at all, its much more useful on a defender/corrupter who doesn't already get a good ST hold power. You'll also really want to have hover for an Illusion controller, there is no beating it with it's playstyle and I almost always use cj on any other toon. I also wouldn't skip on Temporal Selection, it's a very good buff and it's regen component can help a lot as well.

Also for spectral terror, you won't want to slot for fear, as that can cause it to stack and make enemies run away, and it's base fear is mostly around it's aura that you want which pretty much perma's on them as it is unslotted. You'll want to slot it with 4 Dark Watchers Despair for the extra to hit debuff and 5% rech vs 6.25% which isn't much of a loss in those terms. Time's juncture is also very good for this as well to extra stack the -to hit, and it's also great with the slow to help protect you should anything get too close.

Also, distortion field's chance to hold is only 2 or 3%, it's not worth slotting for that. You'll want to slot it for a little slow to help control the battlefield and keep them in the spectral terrors aura more. It will save you slots as well.

Also, when you powerboost group invis, which can be cast right after farsight as well,

Here is the build I would use for an ill/time, apologies for spectral terror which would have the 4 DWD, and the other empty slots are for kb-kd IO which pines also does not have:

http://www.cohplanner.com/mids/download.php?uc=1477&c=686&a=1372&f=HEX&dc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

On 10/2/2019 at 5:29 PM, Mercurias said:

On another note in terms of building up money, probably the best source of it is running the weekly Task/Strike Forces and other content that grants you Merits. You can turn Merits in for things like Enhancement Converters that will earn you a large bulk sum from the Auction House. I typically make anywhere from 10-12 million a week per task force alone, and not counting drops.

Actually I made like 200-300M with AH grinding.

My build is close to be done, only need like ~10 expensive IO.

@WindDemon21 : your build isnt complete ? 3 slots left, and some power unslotted.

@Mercurias : can't open your build with Mid hero designer, even the Github one. 😞

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cetrix said:

Actually I made like 200-300M with AH grinding.

My build is close to be done, only need like ~10 expensive IO.

@WindDemon21 : your build isnt complete ? 3 slots left, and some power unslotted.

@Mercurias : can't open your build with Mid hero designer, even the Github one. 😞

Hey that's awesome! Great job!

And the Mids Reborn download from the Discord doesn't work?

Edited by Mercurias

6 hours ago, Mercurias said:

Hey that's awesome! Great job!

And the Mids Reborn download from the Discord doesn't work?

It works on Discord ? Sweet. 

Btw, since my build is finished, I love it. Distorsion Field with proc damage is fine.

I can manage +2 (+3 maybe) / x8 solo mish without any problem, but illu/time is very END hungry.

Cetrix:  A few comments on the build you posted.

1.  Slotting Miracle +recovery in spirit ward does almost nothing for you.  It will only have a chance to proc if and when you use that power.  See if you can find a slot somewhere to put it in health and put something cheap in spirit ward, like a Doctored Wounds heal/end/rech.  I took a proc from Time Stop.

2.  The common end mods are only slightly better on endurance than putting in an LoTG def/end in both Superior Invis and Maneuvers.  That's a slight loss of endurance for a gain of defense and regen.

3.  To cure your endurance problems you've got to hit Chrono everytime it's up.  You might also go after the endurance and HP accolades.

4.  You might also consider trading the Basilisk's Gaze recharge/hold for Acc/End/Rech/Hold  in both Time Stop and Blind.  It's a slight loss to recharge and hold but I think you are better off with the accuracy and endurance.  Blind is an often used power so reducing the endurance use will add up and missing is always a complete waste of endurance.

5. I removed the acc/rech from Phantasm and put an LoTG defense in Farsight.  That will put you at softcap or higher to every type and vector with power boost.

Here's the data link with those changes:

http://www.cohplanner.com/mids/download.php?uc=1683&c=737&a=1474&f=HEX&dc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