How to use Hero Designer with respecs without slot level restrictions?

So when I respec a character (at least on Homecoming servers) I can place slots wherever I want them. Say I am level 24 doing a respec. I can still place six slots in the power I got at level 24 - the game does not enforce slot placement during respecs like it does during regular levelling up.

So how do I use the Hero Builder program (Mids/Pines) in that mode, so I can six slot my level 24 power *at* level 24 if I am respeccing? How can I tell the program that I am actually putting my level 5 slots on my level 24 power - and that that's ok. because it's a respec?

Thanks.

Pretty sure I've read this question on the forums this summer and Pretty sure the answer was No. Not sure if it was something they can change in its current form or not without a complete rebuild.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 10:40 PM, slacktech.oz said:

To add a bit more 'plan English' to my post, click the button labelled 'level-up'.  It will change to 'dynamic'.  That should disable the level restrictions and let you slot the same as if you're doing a respec.

I tried that out and didn't think that's what they wanted. :/  It still marks the slots based on the order/level placed when you do it. I wasn't sure what that affected, so I didn't point it out.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

3 hours ago, WanderingAries said:

I tried that out and didn't think that's what they wanted. 😕 It still marks the slots based on the order/level placed when you do it. I wasn't sure what that affected, so I didn't point it out.

Stupid question, but did you change the 'type' at the very start, or when you had already placed slots?  I've found that it works at the very start, but I can't access the app presently.  I will try this tonight, but I know I've had problems when I've started to do a build and then changed to 'dynamic' but can't remember having problems when I've changed it right at the start of the build (from a 'clean' build screen).

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 11:05 PM, slacktech.oz said:

Stupid question, but did you change the 'type' at the very start, or when you had already placed slots?  I've found that it works at the very start, but I can't access the app presently.  I will try this tonight, but I know I've had problems when I've started to do a build and then changed to 'dynamic' but can't remember having problems when I've changed it right at the start of the build (from a 'clean' build screen).

I simply opened the app, set to Dynamic and filed out all the powers (literally just clicked down the list until L50). They I simply hovered over the powers with it set to Powers/Slots and it shows you the level of the slot you're going to place. Hovering over say L49 will show you the standard L50 slots. Thus maxing out at 1+3 for that final power. This is Not what you were hoping for I assume.

Someone mentioned elsewhere that you can slot the power in a different location and then drag it back to the L49 spot. It'll make you have to do it again to change the slots most likely, but it "works" I suppose.