Max End versus End Discount

ILIWAPCT

That's kind of like asking "which is better, high or wide?" without any context.

The answer is ... IT DEPENDS ... on the context of the overall build.

No context means you can't provide an answer that is useful under ALL conditions.

• Like 1

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

There are a few +end set bonuses, like on Decimation.

Neither +end or +enddiscount nor +recovery can be obtained in large amounts, which makes all of them poor things to build toward deliberately. If your character has endurance issues that slotting and Miracle/Numina/Panacea/Performance Shifter can't resolve, you are better off going for Body Mastery, Cardiac/Vigor alpha, or Ageless Destiny.

On 10/8/2019 at 12:39 PM, Seigmoraig said:

What set gives max end ? Meaning that will bring your end pool to over 100 ? As far as I know there are only accolades that do this but I am very interested to know if any sets do this too.

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Category:Sets_that_improve_Endurance

My first thought was increase damage but 1%-2% would be a waste.

I noticed end being a issue so started looking at sets, then thought maybe the Stalker community had already crunched the numbers.

From what I've read most Stalkers slot for defense. 

Back on live I leveled a Stalker to 50 but never got that excited by it.

Now giving it another shot slowly leveling multiple Stalkers trying to find a niche.

If I find a Stalker Variation that I like I probably try a mix of sets:

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Category:Sets_that_reduce_Endurance_Cost

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Category:Sets_that_improve_Recovery

• Thanks 1

Energize from /Elec and /EA give big amounts of End Rdx and can be made a perma buff. Most people only see the healing of this power and forget about the buff component, it also gives a big amount of regeneration.

If i could recommend you some Powersets to try out:

For Attack:

• Psionic 
  • Ice 
  • Staff
  • Fire
  • Broadsword
  • Electric 

For Defense:

• Shield Defense
  • Energy Aura
  • Ice Armor
  • Electric
  • Bio

This Powersets are all very well performing in any combination. Shield Defense is the only Secondary that will get you into Endurance troubles but starting from lvl 38 it will lift off with double teleport nuke and epic snipes.

I recall back on live Assassin Strike getting out-leveled because bosses would have AOE's.

So the Level 32 power will be key. My Goal isn't to make a scrapper but a  Assassin. 

So far I have a level 32 elec/dark. I didn't find it fun to level and I thought the Level 32 thunder took me out of hide but your guide says differently so I'll look at it again. 

Since fun is subjective and I enjoy the journey I've started gun-decking and have the following under 20:

dark/bio

energy/nijitsu

rad/fire

broad/electric

claw/super

dual/energy

street/ice

So far dark and broad standout but they haven't reached 32 yet. Also no clear 2nd although it looks when all is said and done that it will probably be bio.

The other option would be to make everything on the test server but again I enjoy the journey. 

On 10/8/2019 at 11:50 AM, Hopeling said:

Neither +end or +enddiscount nor +recovery can be obtained in large amounts, which makes all of them poor things to build toward deliberately.

I have found end discount to be meaningful.  End discount set bonuses are weak but the direct end discounts from the enhancements helps.  I recently switched from basic IOs to is sets (the 2 ATO sets and crushing impact).  The difference in end was noticeable rite away and opened up new attack chain possibilities.  Don't sleep on energy drain either.  If your having end problems EA is the way to go. It has 2 ways to boost your endurance and a self heal.

1 hour ago, ILIWAPCT said:

dark/bio

energy/nijitsu

rad/fire

broad/electric

claw/super

dual/energy

street/ice

I would stay away from Energy melee. Ninjitsu is great but energy melee is the worst. 

Every other combination is fine.

But to get back to the topic. If you would want to abuse one of the two (max end vs end disc.) i would try to look at the resist based armor sets, with a healing power.

Why? lets take a look at the IO sets that give these bonuses:

Annihilation: Targeted AoE 2 piece

Preventive Medicine: Healing 5 piece

Reactive Defensesn: Defense 5 piece

Unbreakable Guard: Resist 2 piece

Annihilation and Unbreakable Guard grant the discount with only 2 IOs. So if you want to maximise that you need a lot of these powers and at least 2 slot them.

Preventive Medicine and Reactive Defenses grant the bonus with 5 pieces, which is a big investment and if you went that route, just 6 slot it for the recharge bonus too.

To get extra powers with defense is no problem: hover, combat jumping, weave, maneuvers, Vengeance, shadow meld.

For resist base or healing power the only reasonble are Healt from stamina and tough.

That is why you should look at resist based Powersets. In a szenario where i need to use a lot of Unbreakable guards, i would really like to 4 slot them to get the melee, smashing, lethal defenses stacked too. Throw in some kinetic melees and you have a very good resist set that is also caped to the important defenses for a stalker. I guess that could be a way to manage the all time endurance hungry /dark or /invul. Messing around with Endurance discount should be done with: 

/Invul

/Dark

/Fire

/Elec

/Rad

1 hour ago, Sigma7 said:

End discount set bonuses are weak but the direct end discounts from the enhancements helps.

Right, slotting for endredux helps a lot; with sets, you can pretty easily have 60% or more endredux in every expensive power, which helps a ton compared to the 30-40% you get from SOs or commons.

Chasing endredux set bonuses doesn't do a lot; you might pick up 10-15% total across your entire build. If you get one, great, but a build that focuses on those set bonuses isn't going to be a lot better off end-wise than a build that just slots the recovery/+end procs and then focuses on recharge or defense.

22 hours ago, Hopeling said:

Right, slotting for endredux helps a lot; with sets, you can pretty easily have 60% or more endredux in every expensive power, which helps a ton compared to the 30-40% you get from SOs or commons.

Chasing endredux set bonuses doesn't do a lot; you might pick up 10-15% total across your entire build. If you get one, great, but a build that focuses on those set bonuses isn't going to be a lot better off end-wise than a build that just slots the recovery/+end procs and then focuses on recharge or defense.

My level 12 energy/nijitsu is almost as fun to play as my 15 dark/bio.

I intentionally ran my elec/dark to 32 because out of the original 3 stalkers,  I enjoyed it the least. (I don't retire alts until 32)

After that instead of focusing on sets I thought I would like, I focused on sets that I probably WOULDN'T like.

Since my play style is spike (assassin) instead of steady (scrap)  My thought process has been:

1. set damage: Nope to little 

2. set defense: Nope spike combat

3. set recharge: Nope spike combat

4. set end: Run more toggles i.e. Leadership etc.

The funny thing is I made a staff/reg today and looking at my starter power choices immediately thought scrapper and that I wouldn't like it. However breaking out of the Zig with those combos proved to be enjoyable!

That's why you can't just go on Theory you need Practice.